Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
What you'll do
· Planning, development, implementation and evaluation of quality resident care
· Supervise, coordinate and guide staff in the provision of resident care and provide assistance as necessary
· Assume responsibility for the facility in the absence of Senior Management
· Aid in the implementation of organization goals
· Maintain a clean, comfortable and safe environment
· Provide quality resident care by assessing and assisting residents with their activities of daily living
. Reliable commute to Admiral Long Term Care Home ( 6 ADMIRAL ST, Dartmouth, NS)
What you'll need
· Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses
· Standard First Aid, CPR and Phlebotomy required
· Strong English communication skills
· Bachelor of Nursing is an asset
· Experience in a geriatric setting is an asset
. Dartmouth, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary: Up to $42.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay