Become a member of the GEM family! We offer an inclusive and welcoming work environment with competitive benefits and plenty of learning opportunities. At GEM we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment. From housekeeping to administering medication, our staff is both the foundation and the face of our business.
Location: Melville Lodge - Halifax
Position: Registered Nurse- Full-Time - DAYS ONLY and Full-time Rotational
What you'll do
The registered nurse functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team under the direction of the Director of Care. Through the nursing process and Therapeutic relationships, the nurse participates in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of quality resident care. The Registered Nurse supervises, coordinates and guides staff in the provision of resident care and provides assistance as necessary.
The RN assumes responsibility for the facility in the absence of Senior Management.
- Participates in the implementation of organization and unit goals.
- Understands and implements the Philosophy of Nursing and Standards of Nursing Practice
- Provides for quality resident care by assessment and assisting residents with their activities of daily living.
- Demonstrates and promotes effective communication within the department, GEM Health Care Group and with external stakeholders and agencies
- Maintains a clean, comfortable and safe environment
- Functions as a team member, and team leader to provide for quality resident care
What you'll need
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses
- Standard First Aid, CPR and Phlebotomy required
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sectors check
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written in English
- Strong leadership skills
- Bachelor of Nursing is an asset
- Experience in a geriatric setting is an asset
- Registered Nurse (RN) License (required)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay