Work Location: FACE Office - Positions are based in Halifax and Edmonton
* Positions are full-time Office-based positions. These positions are not WFH positions.
People Manager : NO
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Regional Marketing and Communication Outreach Officers (MCOO) to join our team. As a Regional Marketing and Communication Outreach Officer, you will be crucial in promoting our organization's programs, services, and brand through strategic marketing campaigns and effective communication channels. Your goal will be to enhance our brand visibility, engage with stakeholders, and support our overall marketing and communication objectives in your assigned region.
Reporting directly to the Director of Communication and Stakeholder Engagement, this position requires exceptional interpersonal, strong written and oral communication, organizational and planning skills, and the ability to function effectively with minimal direction.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement marketing strategies:
Collaborate with the marketing team to create and implement comprehensive marketing plans and strategies that align with organizational goals and target audience preferences.
- Manage communication channels:
Oversee and maintain our organization's communication channels, including website, social media platforms, email marketing, and other digital channels, ensuring consistent and engaging content.
- Content creation and curation:
Create compelling and high-quality content for various marketing materials, including website copy, blog posts, social media posts, newsletters, and press releases. Curate relevant and engaging content from internal and external sources to share with our audience.
- Brand management:
Contribute to maintaining and enhancing our brand identity and consistency across all marketing and communication channels. Ensure cross-functional teams follow brand guidelines and that all materials accurately represent our organization.
- Outreach and engagement:
Identify target audiences and develop outreach strategies to engage with them effectively. Build relationships with key stakeholders, partners, influencers, and media outlets to expand our reach and increase brand awareness.
Represent FACE at local, regional and national business ecosystem events to promote the organization's programs and services.
- Event coordination:
Assist in organizing and promoting events, such as conferences, trade shows, webinars, and workshops, to generate leads, build partnerships, and strengthen brand presence.
Host virtual and in-person monthly FACE information sessions and quarterly networking events at FACE regional offices.
- Performance tracking and reporting:
Monitor and analyze marketing campaign performance metrics, website analytics, and social media insights to evaluate the effectiveness of marketing efforts. Prepare reports and present findings to the management team.
- Market research:
Conduct market research to identify trends, customer needs, and competitive landscape. Use the findings to inform marketing strategies and propose innovative ideas.
- Stay updated on industry trends:
Keep abreast of industry developments, emerging technologies, and marketing trends to continually enhance marketing strategies and ensure the organization remains at the forefront of marketing and communication practices.
- Positive, upbeat, professional and responsible attitude. Independent and self-directed with a solid ability to work collaboratively with peers and leadership.
- Creative mindset and ability to think outside the box to develop innovative marketing and communication strategies.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to create compelling and persuasive content.
- Experience in stakeholder management, event coordination, marketing, communication, or related roles, preferably in a similar industry or organization.
- Proficient in digital marketing tools and platforms, including social media management, email marketing, content management systems, and analytics tools.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to interpret data and make data-driven decisions.
- Experience with public speaking and ability to use presentation decks in public forums.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business / BCom with concentration in marketing or other relevant degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant experience or in a related field.
- Ability to travel is required.
- Bilingualism (English and French) will be an asset.
Applications will be accepted until September 4, 2023 or untill the position is filled. Please note that only those candidates meeting the selection criteria will be contacted further. Compensation may be based on skills and or prior experience in a similar capacity.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Federation of African Canadian Economics
FACE is a national and bilingual Black-led non-profit organisation focused on providing resources and information to the Black community across Canada with the aim of accelerating wealth creation for Canadians of African descent.
In partnership with the Federal Government of Canada, FACE created a Black Entrepreneurship Loan Fund to help Black business owners with access to capital investments, working capital, or additional business resources for expansion. FACE has several other major partners that help further the mission of providing Black Canadians with the necessary resources, knowledge, and confidence to not only operate successfully as Black entrepreneurs but to thrive as a community across the nation.