New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to transforming lives and communities. The College is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual for the position of Regional Facilities Manager. When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member and a part of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and social and economic development.
This is a Regular employment opportunities, located at NBCC's Moncton campus.
What you'll do
As part of the Facilities and Ancillary Services team and reporting to the Reporting to the Director, Facilities and Ancillary Services, the Regional Facilities Manager will lead three campus Facilities Managers and their maintenance and custodial teams.
Additionally, the Regional Facilities Manager is responsible for leading NBCC's custodial or maintenance program for all campuses, ensuring that students and staff are provided with a safe and healthy learning and working environment. This position is expected to develop and execute custodial or maintenance plans, including standards, best practices, audit program, training program and administration. This role is responsible for achieving and/or improving on industry standards in facility quality, service levels, campus sustainability and customer satisfaction; providing input to the development of institutional policy, procedure and practices; developing and implementing new divisional and departmental operation and business service strategies and initiatives.
The Regional Facilities Manager is also an important part of NBCC's new Collective Leadership model and will play a leading role.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Provide oversight of regular operating and local discretionary capital budget review process for their campuses.
- Developing and implementing best practice custodial or maintenance programs and standards at NBCC.
- Develop and implement departmental policies and procedures.
- Maintaining statistical data, analyzing all physical requests/needs regarding available resources. Designing data and specifications to ensure effective maintenance planning, scheduling, construction, provision of building services and facilities management.
- Ensuring a positive, diverse, and inclusive work and learning environment.
- Addressing people management issues with direct reports in a timely manner and with respect for provisions of the collective agreement and NBCC policies where applicable.
- Building and maintaining relationships within the academic and administrative divisions throughout the organization; Providing timely, effective, and consistent advice to supervisors on all operational issues.
What you'll need
- Diploma or degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or relevant field, with demonstrated related years of experience.
- P.Eng., P. Tech or CET designation. An equivalent designation may be considered.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of five years' experience, that includes supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Facilities Management, custodian standards, commercial building systems, codes and standards.
- Proficiency with operational management, budget planning and management.
- Proven ability with resource management and project coordination.
- Demonstrated experience working in a unionized environment.
- Highly flexible with excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to navigate and build relationships effectively throughout the organization.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills, analytical ability, and innovative thinking.
- Self-motivated, service and results oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a team.
- A desire for continuous learning and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Candidates must possess a valid Driver's License as travel will be required.
- Demonstrated experience with introducing and managing change, new concepts and best practices, would be considered an asset.
- Certified Education Facilities Professional (CEFP) would be considered an asset.
- Preference may be given to candidates who have experience working in a post-secondary environment.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For seven years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- A culture that is focused on nurturing a sense of belonging for all employees.
- A competitive salary range of $71,812.00 to $95,550.00, annually.
- Become a member of the New Brunswick Public Service Pension Plan.
- Opportunities for professional development and training.
- NBCC supports the wellbeing of its employees. We provide free access to an Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP).
- Paid sick and vacation leave.
- Volunteer leave.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs (Employee: Tuition Reimbursement Program AND Family: Tuition Reduction Benefit - Spouse and Children).
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level.
The New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) is committed to being flexible in its operations and to the wellbeing of its employees. This includes considering reasonable requests for alternative work arrangements, when feasible, to meet the changing needs of the College and its students. In order to ensure our student needs are met, flexible work arrangements cannot extend beyond the New Brunswick border. NBCC employees must be living in a location that is a reasonable distance from one of our seven work locations around the Province.
We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
All interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed application, with a resume, online by June 7, 2023. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.