We are looking for a Red Seal CARPENTER to join our team, at our manufacturing facility in SUSSEX, NEW BRUNSWICK.
STARTING WAGE RATE NEGOTIABLE BASED ON EXPERIENCE.
For more than 40 years, Prestige Homes has been designing and building modular and prebuilt homes, multi-family complexes, as well as hotels and educational facilities. We use the latest equipment, systems and technologies, and our processes emphasize timeliness, efficiency, responsibility, and quality assurance for our customers. In 1999, Prestige Homes joined The Shaw Group of Companies, one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and became part of the history of this 150+ year old business.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Maintain, repair and renovate modular homes
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Previous carpentry experience in a construction environment is required.
- Red Seal Certified.
- Post-secondary education, and/or hold a carpentry trade certificate from a recognized program is preferred.
- Competent in the use and maintenance of related tools and equipment;
- Knowledge of building regulations and codes considered an asset;
- Commitment to safety in the workplace, including knowledge and practice of workplace safety procedures.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good organizational and planning skills; ability to prioritize workflow
- Exceptional team skills, including the ability to work with others to develop solutions and implement improvements.
We offer a competitive wage, comprehensive benefits, Company Matching Pension Plan, the opportunity to grow and develop with the company, and a safe work environment. Located in Sussex, NB, Prestige Homes is proud to be a member of The Shaw Group Limited, one of Canada's 50- Best Managed Companies, and an employer of choice in the Maritimes.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Woman, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Apprenticeship
- Casual dress
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973, from our manufacturing facility located in Sussex, New Brunswick. This is where our skilled employees precision-engineer modules (sections) of homes to be delivered to the home site, where they are then fitted together and roofing, siding, drywall and flooring are installed.