We are seeking a self-starter and results oriented individual to join the Finance Team as a Reconciliations Analyst. The position reports to the Team Lead and is responsible for managing an assigned portfolio of reconciliations. The role involves performing research, collaborating with other departments and resolving discrepancies.
About the Team
The Finance team plays an important role in supporting Butterfield's businesses by providing high-quality planning, reporting, regulatory and accounting services. It's a fast-paced environment with a global remit. Working with colleagues across the Bank, the Finance team provides senior management with the expertise required to measure the Bank's performance and shape Butterfield's future plans.
What you'll do
- Managing an assigned portfolio of reconciliations, ensuring the maintenance of control procedures and the timely clearance of reconciling items within established timeframes.
- Adhering to established procedures for clearing, internal, suspense, and control accounts.
- Executing control procedures for clearing, internal, suspense, and control accounts, ensuring accuracy and compliance.
- Investigating and clearing all unmatched reconciliation items, demonstrating a keen problem-solving approach.
- Providing systems support to management and staff within the division, contributing to efficient and effective operations.
- Collaborating in the development and implementation of operational plans, driving continuous improvement.
- Preparing and testing procedural documentation for the automated reconciliation solution, ensuring accurate and up-to-date records.
- Ensuring strict adherence to existing policies and procedures, maintaining regulatory compliance.
- Performing any additional duties as directed by the reconciliations Team Lead, contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Actively participating in process improvement initiatives, streamlining reconciliation processes, reducing errors, and optimizing resource utilization.
- Serving as a point of contact for clients or internal stakeholders, addressing inquiries and concerns related to reconciliations and providing excellent customer service.
- Staying updated on relevant regulations and industry standards, ensuring that all reconciliation processes comply with the latest legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborating with other departments, such as finance, audit, and compliance, to improve coordination and communication related to reconciliation processes.
- Contributing to risk assessments, identifying potential risks and implementing measures to mitigate them, safeguarding the integrity of the reconciliation process.
- Maintaining thorough documentation of reconciliation activities and generate comprehensive reports for management, auditors, or regulatory agencies.
What you'll need
- Post-Secondary education with one to three years' relevant experience.
- Strong understanding of complex accounting procedures required.
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office suite of applications and divisional systems.
- Knowledge of Frontier Account Reconciliation software would be considered an asset.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.