Location: Middleton, NS
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Union Status: NSGEU, Local 25
Competition # WES 23074
Closing Date: June 1, 2023
About Our Opportunity
Under the direction of the Client Service Supervisor, the Administrative Support/Receptionist is the first point of contact to the general public and provides clerical support to the Client Service team to ensure effective client service.
What you'll do
• Receive phone calls and walk-in inquiries from applicants/tenants and the general public and document in Yardi.
• Assist with mailing; receive and enter applications; and collect appropriate documentation from applicant and tenant when required.
• Receiving and entering rent payments
• Reconcile deposit at end of day
• Coordinate and take notes of general meetings for the Client Service team
• Distributing mail, manage email inboxes, file paperwork, and maintain filing system.
• Prepare various correspondences, including those for tenant arrears, and process tenant payments.
• Provide backup support for the Maintenance Clerk.
What you'll need
• Grade 12 or high school equivalent, plus one-year business course with two years' related experience.
• Competency in desktop software, including Microsoft Office.
• Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to establish priorities.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to manage deadlines.
• Solid written and verbal communication, client service oriented and adaptable to change.
• Effective interpersonal skills when dealing with co-workers, tenants, contractors, vendors, and the public.
• Knowledge of Yardi Property Management software.
• Experience dealing with a diverse client base
• Current Emergency First Aid and/or WHMIS certifications.
Competencies required at this level of work are Organization, Prioritization, Communication, and Client Service.
If you are a team player, who is passionate about improving the lives of Nova Scotians, you are the candidate we are looking for to join our team. We will assess qualifications using one of more of the following tools: written examination, standardized tests, oral presentations, interview(s), and reference checks. Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. Checks may include one or more of the following: criminal background checks, driver's abstract, and confirmation of education credentials.
An equivalent combination of training, education and experience will be considered. Applicants relying on education and experience equivalencies must demonstrate such equivalencies in their application.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency
Nova Scotia Provincial Housing Agency (NSPHA) is the provincial government agency responsible for the administration and delivery of affordable housing solutions for low-income Nova Scotians.
We contribute to the prosperity of Nova Scotia by helping individuals and families find a home that's right for them, at a price they can afford, in a healthy and vibrant community that offers the services, support and opportunities they need. We accomplish this by working closely with other levels of government as well as private and community partners.
Across its districts, NSPHA provides more than 11,200 safe, affordable homes as part of its Housing Services to seniors and families. District offices manage the day-to-day operations of Nova Scotia's housing stock. Their responsibilities include administering tenant applications and placements, collecting rent, resolving tenant issues, and maintaining and repairing properties.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Based on the employment status, eligibility and union agreement, NSPHA offers its employees a wide range of benefits such as Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Pension, General Illness (Short and Long Term), Vacation and Employee and Family Assistance Programs and flexible working schedules.
Classification: CL 13
Salary Range: $20.72 to $22.55 per hour
Work Week: 35 hours
Note: This is not a Civil Service position.
We are committed to employing staff who are representative of the diverse community we serve. If you are a member of one or more of the following designated groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your cover letter or resume: Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your application.
Please merge your cover letter and resume into one document when applying. In the cover letter or resume, please quote the competition number and name.
Our preferred method of applying is through Career Beacon.
Submissions must be received by midnight on the closing date. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.