As part of the team, your main task will be to work on our innovative OCIANA™ platform, developing new functionality already identified by our clients. Every new team member is 'buddied' up with an existing team member, to ensure they are up and running as quickly as possible. We utilize Slack, Teams and many other collaborative tools that allow us all to stay in touch and remain a close team wherever we are based in the country.
What you'll do
- Develop and implement front and back-end product application elements, based on requirements and user feedback
- Participate in the overall application lifecycle, with a focus on coding and debugging.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team of designers, developers, and system administrators, to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
What you'll need
- Must have 3 years of commercial React experience, v.16 or later
- Must be able to show prior work or portfolio
- Proven and demonstratable experience working with React version v.16 or later
- Working with react hooks
- Creating custom hooks
- Experience with:
- state management (e.g., Redux, useContext, useReducer, etc.)
- CSS integration tools (e.g., styled-components, css-modules, etc.)
- TSX (TypeScript + JSX)
- RESTFul API integrations
- Strong understanding of NodeJS
- Working experience with version Control (Gitlab, GIT, etc.)
- Candidates must hold or be able to obtain Security and Controlled Goods clearances.
Additional experience in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Integrating React with other tools that manipulate the DOM (e.g., leaflet, D3.js, Vega, etc.)
- Optimizing build process (e.g., babel, webpack, typescript, etc.)
- Creating custom component repository
- Experience with
- SSR (server-side rendering)
- With routing and unit testing React components
- Defining and communicating technical and design requirements
We're looking for
A little bit about us
GSTS is striving to become the leading provider of global maritime risk assessment / threat intelligence solutions, using machine learning, artificial intelligence and big data, saving lives, energy and the environment.
We have been in start-up mode for the past 2 years and have grown steadily through the COVID-19 pandemic. GSTS has gained significant momentum and will be looking to increase its team over the next 12 months.
We are based in Dartmouth, NS within easy commute of both the Dartmouth and Halifax downtown core, our facility enjoys plenty of free parking and public transport is a short walk away. GSTS is committed to building its presence in the Maritimes; at the same time supporting working from home, and working remotely.
GSTS is seeking exceptional talent to support product recently awarded contracts, and to continue the growth of the product. We seek individuals with drive, initiative and motivation to join our team and make the world a safer, greener place for all.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
While we offer very competitive salaries and extended health benefits, including flexible working hours and growth opportunities; the main reason to consider a position with us is the opportunity to work alongside great people with a shared desire to make a real difference in the world.
This is not just a position, it's a chance to be part of something bigger; we actively promote personal growth and training - for example the company has just restructured to support the current and future growth plans and have recently promoted four internal employees to Director positions - come and join us and make a difference!
We are committed to creating a sense of belonging amongst our team. We have placed an emphasis on fostering a diverse, collaborative and inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from qualified candidates irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.
We thank all candidates that apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.