Reporting to the Manager Racing & Broadcast, the successful candidate will be trained to sell Pari-Mutuel tickets for horse racing. This is an entry level casual position in which shifts will be mainly based around the Red Shores Race Calendar.
The Racetrack Pari-Mutual Ticket Seller will be required to work efficiently and accurately in a fast paced, time sensitive environment, while processing cash and paper transactions relying on mental math.
Casual term position from start time to the beginning of February. one - two shifts a week with the exception of training and OHW.
What you'll do
• Promote and maintain the utmost integrity and highest caliber of racing guest experience and respect to Red Shores patrons and co-workers.
• Execution of Pari-mutual wagering transactions; selling of tickets on both live and simulcast tracks, redeem winnings, and cancellations of wagers.
• Knowledge and understanding of track history.
• Knowledge and execution of all marketing promotions, including handling of coupons/vouchers for discounts on behalf of Red Shores.
• Greet patrons and provide assistance as required (inquires, issue tickets, payments etc).
• Trouble shooting equipment issues and other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Communicate with Tote regarding ticket or machines issues.
• Adherence to both the department and Internal Controls Manual (ICM).
• Maintain confidentiality of guests.
• Entrusted with company assets for daily operations; required to maintain and balance.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment, following Health & Safety guidelines and identifying and bringing forward unsafe practices and conditions.
• Performs related duties and responsibilities as required.
What you'll need
• Grade 12 or equivalent.
• Guest Experience in fast paced environments.
• Harness racing knowledge considered an asset.
• Cash handling experience as well as mental math.
• Ability to foster and engage in a positive work environment.
A little bit about us
Red Shores Race Track & Casino
We are proud to be the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility in Atlantic Canada which combines Harness Racing, Dining and Gaming all under one roof.
RED SHORES offers a work environment of growth, challenge and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive training; along with competitive salaries, and benefits program.
With more than 250 employees, the RED SHORES workforce is made up of administrative, front line, technical, professional, and management positions located in the heart of Charlottetown and Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What sets us apart from other employers is our work environment and most important of all…our people.
At RED SHORES you'll have the opportunity to meet and work with people from all aspects and locations of our business - contributing creatively, and knowing you're truly making a difference in our success… and yours!