Reporting to the QC Bioanalytical Manager, the successful candidate will serve as a support for biological assays, bio analytical methods and immunoassays within the Quality Control Department of IMV. Primarily responsible to support existing bio assays and immunoassays, as well as assist with new bio assay or immunoassay development, qualification and assay transfer activities.
What you'll do
· Perform bio analytical methods or immunoassays using established SOPs (ELISA's, SDS-PAGE gels, Western Blots, Cell Culture, In vivo mouse based assays).
· Ensure that laboratory records are completed in a timely manner and according to good documentation practices.
· Report to supervisor any out of specification results, non-conformances or deviations.
· Maintain a clean and tidy workplace and cleaning duties as required.
· Assist with method development, qualification and method transfer/validation activities for bio assays and immunoassays.
· Perform other assigned duties as requested.
What you'll need
· Bachelor's degree in in Biology, Immunology, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
· 2-3 years of experience running immunoassays such as ELISA's, SDS-PAGE gels and Western Blots.
· A technical understanding of immunoassay method development is essential.
· Proficiency in various types of computer software (GraphPad Prism, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) is required.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of quality system regulations/requirements, cGMP requirements is desired.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of cell culture and aseptic technique is desired.
· Basic knowledge of in vivo mouse based assays is desired.
· Proficiency with bio analytical instrumentation (plate reader, plate washer, pipettes, SDS-PAGE, Western Blot)
· Competent pipetting skills including small volumes.
· Prior experience with running immunoassays such as ELISA's
· Experience in a Quality Control setting
We're looking for
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to making immunotherapy more effective, more broadly applicable, and more widely available to people facing cancer and other serious diseases. IMV is pioneering a new class of cancer-targeted immunotherapies and vaccines based on the Company's proprietary drug delivery platform. This patented technology leverages a novel mechanism of action that enables the programming of immune cells in vivo, which are aimed at generating powerful new synthetic therapeutic capabilities. IMV's lead candidate, DPX-Survivac, is a T cell-activating immunotherapy that combines the utility of the platform with a target: survivin. IMV is currently assessing DPX-Survivac as a monotherapy in advanced ovarian cancer, as well as a combination therapy in multiple clinical studies with Merck. IMV is also developing a DPX-based vaccine to fight against COVID-19. Visit www.imv-inc.com and connect with us on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Salary and Benefits:
This will be a salaried position, depending on skill and experience. Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the "Apply Now" button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role, and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered upon receipt and until July 31st, 2020.
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together.
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.