Working within the Quality Control group at IMV the QC Bioanalyst II is primarily repsonsible for developing and applying in vitro assays for IVD development and validation, developing and qualifying bioanalytical methods and immunoassays for release and stability tests of drug products, preparing protocols and presenting prgogress reports.
What you'll do
- Perform routine bio analytical methods or immunoassays using established SOPs (ELISA's, SDS-PAGE gels, Western Blots, Cell Culture).
- Evaluate and implement new assay technologies as required.
- Develop and qualify new bioassays, bio analytical methods and immunoassays to be used as release and stability tests. Support assay transfer and validation activities.
- Support development of immuno histochemistry assays that could be used as an in vitro diagnostic (IVD).
- Ensure that laboratory records are completed in a timely manner and according to good documentation practices.
- Report to supervisor any out of specification results, non-conformances or deviations.
- Assist with lab inventory and ordering.
- Prepare protocols and technical reports.
- Train laboratory staff on immunoassays and bioanalytical methods.
What you'll need
- Master's degree in in Biology, immunology, biochemistry, microbiology or related discipline or Bachelors degree + 5 years of relevant work experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing immunoassays such as ELISA's, SDS-PAGE gels and Western Blots.
- A sound knowledge of developing cell based in vitro assays including aseptic technique is strongly desired.
- A sound technical understanding of immunoassay method development is essential.
- Proficiency in various types of computer software (GraphPad Prism, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) is required.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of quality system regulations/requirements, cGMP requirements is required.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
IMV Inc. is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company that has the potential to make history by developing a first-in-class effective T cell-targeted immune therapy for cancer. We have built an unprecedented delivery platform (DPX) that generates targeted immune cells directly into the human body, which produces robust, and sustained capabilities to destroy cancer. DPX is the engine that drives our lead drug candidate, Maveropepimut-S (DPX-Survivac), which has successfully completed multiple Phase 1/1b trials, generating best-in-class results in advanced recurrent ovarian cancer and Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (DLBCL).
Our Platform Enables a Strong, Sustained Immune Response
The unique "no-release" mechanism of action of our DPX Platform allows antigen-presenting cells (APCs) to be attracted to the injection site, facilitating antigen presentation to immune cells. All our immunotherapies and vaccines candidates are formulated with the DPX platform, giving them the ability to generate, in vivo, a targeted, robust and sustained immune response against cancer cells or viruses.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This position will be based in Dartmouth, NS
Please indicate in your application, your salary expectations and your availability for this position.
Compensation will be determined based upon skill set and experience of the selected candidate and benchmarking for the position. IMV offers paid vacation, health/ dental plan, employee assistance program, stock options, and annual bonuses.
If you feel that you are the best candidate for this position, please apply through the "Apply Now" button.
Please clearly indicate in your application how you meet the requirements for this role and why you think you would be the best candidate for the role.
Applications will be considered until May 7th 2021
*We appreciate your application but only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. We reserve the right to request interview candidates to complete skill/ behavior based assessments as part of the interview process.
Strong Science Needs Bright Minds
At IMV, we have high standards. And even higher aspirations.
Our drug candidates are helping us build on this promise. Our technology provides the tools that underscore this mission. And our people are the heart of our operation-the ultimate value-drivers upon which we, as a Company, rest.
We Work Better Together
Curing diseases-especially the ones that continue to evade and outpace even the brightest minds in our industry-is hard work. Despite the intensity and ferocity of our business, the one thing we do not have to worry about is the morale and the spirit of our people. We work hard and we play hard. Our people enjoy our drive, our mission and the road less traveled here in Halifax. As it turns out, that does make all the difference.
We aim high with our mission, so we expect high performance from our people. Whether you are evaluating T cell responses, coordinating clinical operations with our partners, or working with our investor base, we depend on you to help realize the full value of our organization. In turn, we value you, and what you can bring to our Company. We support you in enjoying life fully while working towards your professional goals. Above all, we cultivate the camaraderie that is the hallmark of our corporate culture.
Happy Employees Produce Strong Results.