The Purchasing & Inventory Administrator is responsible for the purchasing of parts and inventory management for the Simulation Product Group. In this role, you will be supporting a growing team to build state-of-the-art aircraft and vehicle simulators.
What you'll do
What you will be doing:
- Identifying and researching parts and services suppliers.
- Creating requests for quote (RFQ) and purchase orders (POs) in corporate applications.
- Communicating with suppliers during the quoting, purchasing, and fulfillment phases of procurement.
- Receiving and inspecting parts using corporate application.
- Managing and controlling the inventory cage and shelves.
- Managing general stock items, ensuring product group has enough parts on hand to fulfill back-log and front-log requirements.
- Managing and controlling spare parts.
- Picking parts for the assembly and integration teams.
- Coordinating all shipping (inbound and outbound) for the product group.
- Performing obsolescence management tasks, including contacting vendors about parts obsolescence.
- Compiling monthly procurement cost summaries for all product group projects.
- Processing invoices and expense reports related to product group procurements.
- Performing monthly Inventory and open PO checks.
- Participating in weekly team planning meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by The Company.
What you'll need
What do you need to succeed?
- College diploma (or equivalent) in any field.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience in any field
- Experience in inventory management an asset.
- Highly organized, flexible, deadline driven and detail oriented
- Eye for detail and ensuring high quality deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner
- Demonstrated ability to follow safe work practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow quality procedures
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation designs, develops, and integrates advanced training solutions including state-of-the-art training and simulation products and highly interactive courseware and technical documentation. Our approach meets the demands of today's modern armed forces providing blended training solutions from the classroom through to simulated virtual environments aimed at improving safety, productivity, and efficiency. Bluedrop has developed a unique suite of cutting-edge virtual rear crew and hoist mission training systems and armored vehicle simulators. Bluedrop Training & Simulation is a small to medium-sized enterprise providing a strong value proposition offering Canadian designed and developed solutions. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky (owned by Lockheed Martin).
Are you interested?
Work With Us
What's in it for you?
We strive to be our best, progressive thinkers, to keep us growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Competitive compensation, bonus opportunities, and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and training.
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Flexible work/life balance options.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
At BTSI, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.