m5 Public Affairs
Are you a driven achiever with a knack for dissecting complex client requirements and articulating efficient solutions? Do you love organizing people and things, creating and maintaining processes, and collaborating with colleagues in a fast-paced environment? Are you a highly effective communicator, both in writing and speaking, with a particular aptitude for attention to detail and organization? Are you curious to learn more about the business development machine for one of Canada's largest independent integrated communications agencies?
If you answer "yes" to these questions, m5 Group of Companies wants to hear from you.
As the new Proposal Manager for the m5 Group of Companies, your main objective will be diligently identifying and organizing RFP tender opportunities, collaborating with company leaders to prepare and submit responses. This role contributes to the expansion of our clientele, a key organizational objective. With your exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail, you will assess client requirements, collaboratively determine which opportunities to strategically bid on, and manage the full proposal writing / submission process while ensuring all deadlines and requirements are met.
Join the m5 Group of Companies as our new Proposal Manager and play an integral part in driving our business forward while delivering exceptional results to our clients. If you're prepared to face challenges head-on in a fast-paced environment and make a meaningful impact, we're waiting to hear from you.
- RFP Response / Proposal Management:
- Consolidate existing bid portals/channels from across m5 Group of Companies.
- Explore and incorporate additional tender channels across North America.
- Monitor and curate daily bid opportunities from selected channels.
- Coordinate the submission of non-RFP proposals or formal quotes.
- Maintain an up-to-date spreadsheet for real-time tracking and engage in weekly progress meetings with company leaders.
- Seek out and secure constructive feedback on proposals submitted - both successful and unsuccessful - to develop an enhanced understanding of client proposal preferences and expectations, while ensuring continuous improvement of submissions and efficiency of our processes.
- Proposal Writing and Coordination:
- Ensure adherence to deadlines and completion of RFP-related tasks.
- Lead the creation and delivery of proposals.
- Create processes and templates to keep track of opportunities and their requirements and submission requirements/instructions.
- Facilitate collaboration with company executives on content and strategy development.
- Proofread, edit, and assemble the final submissions, ensuring attention to detail and compliance with requirements.
- Internal BD Content Repository Management:
- Oversee staff bios, project case updates, reference compilations, and boilerplate content.
- Guarantee accuracy, proofreading, and systematic organization of all content.
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Outstanding business and plain-language writing aptitude
- Proven ability to navigate complex documents such as government-issued RFPs
- Highly independent and motivated with a demonstrated ability to thrive in a dynamic environment
- Degree in business, communications, applied social science, or other relevant field (tell us why it's relevant!)
- Excellent computer literacy with mastery of MS Office Suite and productivity tools
- Superior time management and organizational prowess
- Analytical thinking and creative problem-solving capabilities
- English-French bilingual is considered an asset
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that equity-deserving individuals are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. Group m5 is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. So, if you are excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every requirement, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
About the m5 Group of Companies
Group m5 is Atlantic Canada's largest independent, integrated collection of industry leading communications firms - m5 Marketing and Communications, m5 Public Affairs, MQO Research, Group ATN Consulting, and Wavelight Productions.
We recognize that to build an excellent team, we need to provide an excellent place to work. m5 is an employer of choice in Atlantic Canada. You can expect to work with big global brands as well as leading businesses and organizations here at home. Every day, you will collaborate with a talented team to help us help our clients make meaningful changes in their communities and in their industries.
At m5, variety is abundant, and if you seek it, there is endless opportunity. Regardless of your role or career level, you will learn from your colleagues and clients. We support staff through courses, webinars, and mentoring to remain current in our dynamic industry.
We help our team balance work and life with flexible work-from-home policies, summer hours, and a generous annual vacation break. We also offer curiosity credits, health insurance, and retirement savings plans. We take care of our team, so they can bring their best selves to work, ready to collaborate and innovate.
At m5, your compensation is competitive (including some perks!), your opportunities for professional development and achievement are integral to your role, and your team can't wait to welcome you.
This position can work from our Halifax (Hybrid) office; remote from within Atlantic Canada and is being offered on a permanent, full-time basis.