Full-time - Permanent
Crosbie is currently seeking an experienced Property Maintenance Person to work at various residential and commercial properties throughout the St. John's metro area. Working primarily on the residential property team, you will work directly with our clients to ensure all properties are professionally maintained year-round. Regular working hours are Monday to Friday from 7:30am to 3:30pm; evening and weekend work will be required on occasion, including emergency on-call duties.
During the warm seasons most of your time will be spent on residential lawncare, landscaping, and gardening. During the cold seasons you will be responsible for the residential snow-clearing seven days a week as needed, including plowing driveways and blowing/shoveling walkways and doors. You will coordinate with the commercial property team and support their work as needed, particularly in the cold seasons.
Closing Date: December 2, 2022
What you'll do
- Developing and maintaining professional relationships with clients and contractors
- Working independently to schedule and prioritize duties to ensure that clients' properties are professionally maintained
- Demonstrating safety leadership with proper PPE and safe work habits
- Coordinating regularly with the maintenance team to develop workplans and assign duties
- Gardening and landscaping including mowing lawns, controlling weeds, patching and seeding lawns, moving outdoor furniture, and seasonally wrapping/unwrapping trees and hedges
- Clearing of snow and ice from walkways, driveways, and parking areas and applying salt or ice melt, including evenings and weekends as needed
- Performing regular service on power equipment, such as changing oil and replacing blades
- Conducting Property Condition and Safety Inspections (proactive routine inspections of mechanical, electrical, and life safety systems, along with general site conditions and safety concerns)
- Covering the emergency on-call duties as part of the maintenance team rotation
- Other duties as required by clients or general operational needs
What you'll need
Skills and abilities:
- Good communication, teamwork, and client relations skills; fluent in English both spoken and written
- Strong knowledge of fundamental lawn and garden care activities and best practices for snow clearing
- Advanced knowledge in horticulture, botany, and landscaping would be an asset
- Ability to operate and service power equipment such as lawn mowers, edge trimmers, snowblowers, chainsaws, etc.
- Ability to operate heavy equipment, e.g. loader, for bulk snow-clearing
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to stand/walk and work outside in all conditions for extended periods of time
- Ability to safely lift up to 50lbs
- Valid driver's licence (Class 5 is required, Class 8 is considered an asset)
- Experience providing client-focused residential property maintenance services
- First Aid / First Responder certification an asset
- WHMIS certification an asset
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
A little bit about us
As a 4th generation family business, Crosbie is a leader in the offshore oil & gas, marine construction, and commercial and residential real estate markets. A growth-oriented company, Crosbie is both focused on its core markets and investing in new and emerging sectors.
With its head office located in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada, Crosbie have additional locations in the Maritimes, the United States and Guyana.
Having been in business for well over a century, Crosbie has continuously adapted to changing industry demands. Safely providing superior client-focused solutions, Crosbie merges world-class expertise with local, deeply held values.
Crosbie is part of Best Managed Companies, Canada's leading business award program that recognizes excellence by privately-owned Canadian companies. Annually, hundreds of entrepreneurial companies compete for this designation in a rigorous process. Crosbie has successfully received this highly competitive designation each year since 2015, an acknowledgment of the company's exceptional business performance in a fast-changing world.