Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
The Project Surveyor's primary function will be the day to day provision of survey support to Kraken projects. The role will also support the Business Development team with early involvement in proposals, advising on scope of work and interface requirements, following through to the Project handover/execution stage.
What you'll do
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain a "safety first" culture ensuring all activities are executed in a safe and effective manner in compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- To provide ongoing survey support to Survey projects throughout the project life cycle.
- Liaise with Kraken Robotics Business Development in presentation of quotations to clients (ensuring that all project issues for forthcoming projects are covered) and subsequent contract negotiation where required.
- Provide input to preparation of formal tender responses as the enquiry stage as required.
- Proactively look at areas where we can add value to the Client.
- Assist in the handover process from Business Development to Operations team.
- Liaise and collaborate with Kraken Robotics, Engineering, R&D, geotechnical and HSEQ departments to ensure that all required support is available to meet project deliverables.
- Ensure scope of work detailed at the business development stage, and documented in Client Contract is delivered, and any variation is captured and quoted to the Client.
- To ensure that all Survey related activities are undertaken in accordance with Kraken policies.
- Develop project procedures and quality plans in alignment with Kraken processes.
- Ensure that offshore personnel requirements are identified and communicated in a timely manner to the Operations Manager.
- Identify required equipment and communicate these requirements to the internal engineering and geoscience support group to ensure timely delivery of equipment to worksites.
- Attend onshore calibrations, if necessary.
- Undertake project briefings/ debriefings during periods of mob / demobilisation with key project personnel.
- Ensure that all project deliverables are provided to the Client, including documentation, reporting and final reports as required.
- Ensure that appropriate project risk assessments are in place, and maintain a risk register as required.
What you'll need
- Proven experience in a Project Surveyor Role in the offshore energy sector, preferably 5 years plus
- Experienced in a range of survey software and equipment
- Technical background in a relevant discipline, with knowledge of Kraken products and services
- Familiar with Eiva NaviPac, Navimodel. Qinsy software or other similar Hydrographic Survey software suites
- Project Management Certification considered an asset
- Strong working knowledge/ experience of Office 365, including SharePoint, Teams and OneDrive
- Commercial Awareness
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to foster constructive and effective interactions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong time management and multitasking to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Strong collaboration skills to effectively work across departments
- Ability to work independently when required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate with colleagues based oversees/remotely, clients and key subcontractors.
- Attention to detail to ensure all documents are issued to the highest standard and ability to QC documentation of colleagues.
- Carry out other tasks as required and within the competence of the job holder.
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you.
This position can be based in Newfoundland, Canada or Aberdeen, UK.