Reporting to the VP, Applications, as a Project Manager you will be responsible for developing, implementing and supporting a variety of systems and processes necessary for the costing,
tracking, planning and execution of local and group technology projects. Collaborating with
the broader Group IT team, the successful candidate will be required to analyse and synthesise
business requirements whilst conceptualising processes and performing detailed project
requirements, including assigning appropriate team members.
Information Technology covers a wide range of responsibilities at Butterfield including oversight of the
Bank's entire technology infrastructure, software development and maintenance to facilitate online
product development and efficiencies as well as management of the website and intranet platforms. IT
also plays a critical role in ensuring the Bank's systems are kept safe and secure from cyber criminals.
What you'll do
• Tracking and managing the financial performance of all assigned projects, working with the Group
Project Management Office (PMO) to maintain records of expenses
• tracking project related milestones and collaborating with finance as these levels are attained, so
invoices can be settled in a timely manner
• proactively identifying changes in work scope and ensuring appropriate planning measures are
taken with internal and external stakeholders to reassess, re-negotiate and amend scope of work
responsibilities, proposals, contracts and budgets where required
• ensuring the completion of deliverables and the adherence to project timelines. Working to track
milestones and timelines across assigned projects and ensuring appropriate financial resources
and team members are allocated for project success
• analysing and resolving issues that have the potential to jeopardise performance or the ability to
meet agreed upon deliverables
• understanding and managing the project and change approval process as instituted by the Group
Project Management Office
• travel may be required as a part of this role, in order to provide oversight and assistance for offsite
• making recommendations for operational improvements, new systems and processes and
managing the implementation of such as approved by the Executive Management Committee
What you'll need
• Bachelor's degree in Management, Business or Computer Science
• possess a project management related certification such as PMP from a recognised industry
leader like PMI
• a minimum of 10 years' experience as a Project Manager and experience of successful project
planning and implementation with a minimum of eight years' experience in software systems
• proven knowledge of information systems in a banking domain setting, and experience of
implementing Core and Digital Banking applications
• knowledge of the project management life cycle in relation to the implementation of software
systems and product development
• excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with key internal and external
• excellent problem-solving skills and prioritisation of assigned work load
A little bit about us
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited
To be the leading independent offshore bank and trust company
To build relationships and wealth
Approachable - Collaborative - Empowered - Impactful
Butterfield is a full-service bank and wealth manager headquartered in Hamilton, Bermuda, providing services to clients from Bermuda, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey and Jersey, where our principal banking operations are located, and The Bahamas, Switzerland, Singapore and the United Kingdom, where we offer specialized financial services. Banking services comprise deposit, cash management and lending solutions for individual, business and institutional clients. Wealth management services are composed of trust, private banking, asset management and custody. In Bermuda, the Cayman Islands and Guernsey, we offer both banking and wealth management. In The Bahamas, Singapore and Switzerland, we offer select wealth management services. In the UK, we offer residential property lending. In Jersey, we offer select banking and wealth management services. Butterfield recently established a Support Services Centre in Halifax, NS. Butterfield is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB) and the Bermuda Stock Exchange (symbol: NTB.BH).
Butterfield in Halifax
Butterfield Support Services (Halifax) Limited provides centralized, shared services and support to the Butterfield Group in the areas of Finance and Accounting, Human Resources, Information Technology, Operations, Client Services, and Compliance. Our team in Halifax is expanding to meet the growing and diverse needs of our businesses globally.
With more than 1,200 financial services professionals across ten international jurisdictions, the Butterfield experience is enhanced by robust learning and development opportunities, and comprehensive benefits. We provide a respectful environment where we value the diversity of our employees and the talents and experiences they bring to work. With a 160-year tradition of service excellence we empower individuals to achieve their potential and make a positive impact on our business, our clients and our communities.
To learn more about the Butterfield Group please visit www.butterfieldgroup.com.