Prestige Homes, a division of The Shaw Group Limited has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to work out our retail operations in Stewiacke, Nova Scotia.
For more than 40 years, Prestige Homes has been designing and building modular and prebuilt homes, multi-family complexes, as well as hotels and educational facilities. We use the latest equipment, systems and technologies, and our processes emphasize timeliness, efficiency, responsibility, and quality assurance for our customers. In 1999, Prestige Homes joined The Shaw Group of Companies, one of the 50 Best Managed Companies in Canada and became part of the history of this 160+ year old business.
What you'll do
- Coordinate and supervise all construction activities emphasizing safety and quality in timely manner.
- Manage all facets of construction including communication with Owners, Contractors and Prestige Homes staff.
- Define and oversee project scope, goals, deliverables and budgets.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using Microsoft projects.
- Coordinate, collect and submit all information required for appropriate permits.
- Manage and maintain all construction documentation, including submitting contractor progress payments.
- Commitment to quality product with attention to detail and customer satisfaction.
- Management of on-site personnel
- Communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
What you'll need
- Engineering Degree or Technical Diploma with experience in project management
- Computer skills (Microsoft suite, including Outlook, Excel, Word and Projects)
- Experience managing multiple project schedules and budgets
- An ability to communicate and manage expectations for customers, staff and contractors
- Proven leadership skills and ability to motivate others
- Strong communication, planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently
- Problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to interpret and understand construction drawings and related documents
- Working knowledge and experience of all aspects of residential and commercial construction such as building methods, scheduling, safety, safety regulations and quality assurance requirements
- Travel to job sites is required
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Prestige Homes has been manufacturing beautiful and functional modular homes since 1973, from our manufacturing facility located in Sussex, New Brunswick. This is where our skilled employees precision-engineer modules (sections) of homes to be delivered to the home site, where they are then fitted together and roofing, siding, drywall and flooring are installed.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- Flexible work hours to accommodate your busy lifestyle.
- Extended health and dental benefits with company matching RRSP program.
- Competitive compensation package including participation in our performance-based incentive program.
- Continuous support for your growth through professional development reimbursement, mentorship, and opportunity to participate in other projects across the organization.
- An open and inclusive environment that encourages everyone to bring ideas to the table.
If this is the opportunity for you, apply now or visit www.shawgroupltd.com/careers to apply online.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Shaw Group is committed to fostering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion which celebrates the successes that comes from a team diverse in expertise, experiences, and perspectives.
We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, welcoming all ethnicities, religions, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability, or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.