Working within a diverse team of technical writers, subject matter experts, and quality control, the Project Manager will collaborate to achieve high quality outputs within cost and schedule requirements. Working with a team of professionals, this is a key role that will deliver technical publications to meet Canadian Department of National Defence (DND) operational and quality standards. This position will be reporting directly to the Navy Program Manager.
What you'll do
Primary point of communication with client project authority.
- Overall client escalation points if there are client concerns.
- Responsible for the execution of project.
- Authorizes budgets and approves change orders.
- Account management.
- Manages PMO (project management office) for the project.
- Manages subordinate project managers and production managers.
- Management of schedule and milestones: master plan, WBS.
- Risk management/Change management.
- Resource planning and management.
- Cost/budget management and tracking.
- Invoice management.
- Contract management.
- Vendor management.
- Milestone and delivery management.
- Represent Bluedrop Training & Simulation at all client status meetings, and other meetings as required.
- Overall alignment of project with client requirements, standards, and objectives.
- Executive responsibility for project quality Management.
- Overall team management.
- Project close-out management.
- Sign-off (acceptance) management.
What you'll need
- Minimum 5 years' experience
- Must be able to Government of Canada NATO Secret security clearance.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including:
- Ability to influence others to a desired outcome through building persuasive arguments based on logic and facts, coupled with the ability to anticipate, and respond to the needs and concerns of others.
- Ability to adapt to, and work effectively within, a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups.
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives, and deadlines while keeping up with a fast-paced environment.
- Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting, and relationship building skills.
- Superior consultative skills with the ability to anticipate and interpret client needs and provide optimal solutions.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- PMP certification an asset.
- Experience with military projects/contracts an asset.
- Experience with courseware and/or technical publications development projects an asset.
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project).
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….