Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) focuses on design and development of eLearning, simulation, and integrated training solutions for our clients.
As the Project Manager, you have a passion for managing and exceeding client expectations at every turn, while ensuring a team of designers and developers meets all cost, schedule, scope, and quality requirements.
What you'll do
- Participating in level of effort and cost estimating to support new opportunity development and closure
- Reviewing, understanding, and managing contracts
- Preparing project plans that will deliver contract requirements
- Working collaboratively with resource managers to ensure required resources are identified to execute project plans
- Providing updates regularly, including written status reports, noting that any deviations from the project plan must be explained; including estimate cost to complete and earned value variances, schedule variances and accomplishments to date, and issue and risks,
- Monitoring project progress and reviewing status provided by project team members
- Keeping client informed of project status
- Negotiating changes and change orders when necessary
- Using formal methodology, procedural knowledge, and budget management experience to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget
- Overall quality control of client deliverables
- Coordinating, planning, and scheduling production resources, and deliverables with broader PMO resource allocation and planning
- Planning and tracking effort of the project team and supporting BTSI's processes for invoice generation
- Other related duties as required
What you'll need
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing training development/eLearning projects
- Must be able to Government of Canada NATO Secret security clearance
- Broad understanding of project financial management including:
- Experience with project financial reporting, earned value, and cost management
- Experience managing financial scope and schedule of projects and change order management
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills including:
- Ability to influence others to a desired outcome through building persuasive arguments based on logic and facts, coupled with the ability to anticipate and respond to the needs and concerns of others
- Ability to adapt to, and work effectively within, a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups
- Exceptional organizational skills with an ability to handle multiple initiatives, projects and deadlines while keeping up with a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation, facilitation, consulting and relationship building skills
- Superior consultative skills with the ability to anticipate and interpret client needs and provide optimal solutions
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Project management certification an asset
- Knowledge of eLearning curriculum development an asset
- Experience with internal product development and managing client support contracts an asset
- Knowledge and experience with one or more LMS and LMCS systems an asset
- Experience with military projects/contracts an asset
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset
- Strong computer skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft Project)
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking the Apply Online button to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….