Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our team to develop and maintain customer satisfaction and deliver products to meet customer's performance and schedule requirements. This position, reporting to the Vice President, Project Management, will lead, manage, coordinate, and report on multiple projects and assemble and guide cross functional project teams. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you!
What you'll do
- Develop and maintain project business plans and to coordinate each project through a stage gate process.
- Develop and administer detailed project schedules.
- Budget tracking and adherence.
- Generate cost control and reporting templates for each project, continually monitoring the projects' performance throughout its duration and report status of ongoing projects to senior managers and customer stakeholders.
- Ensure that appropriate project risk assessments are in place, and maintain a risk register as required.
- Interface with interdepartmental stakeholders (Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations, Quality, HSE, etc.) to successfully execute project requirements.
- Maintain a "safety first" culture ensuring all activities are executed in a safe and effective manner in compliance with all relevant health and safety legislation.
- Provide detailed budget analysis and forecast reports associated with key customer accounts.
- Develop and execute opportunity capture strategies and assist in building business/project opportunities.
- Ensure Client invoices are generated and submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure lessons learned on projects are captured and appropriate actions taken.
What you'll need
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent.
- Engineering or strong technical background.
- 5+ years of experience in a Project Manager Role.
- Project Management Certification would be considered an asset.
- Experience in Naval / Defence or Offshore Oil and Gas industry would be considered an asset.
- Technical background in a relevant discipline, with knowledge of Kraken products and services.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, to foster constructive and effective interactions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated results leading activities in support of project management, supply chain management, contract management, ERP system reporting, contract management, operations experience.
This position will be based in Newfoundland or Nova Scotia.
A little bit about us
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc.
Kraken Robotic Systems Inc. is a marine technology company engaged in the design and development of advanced handling systems, sensors, software, subsea batteries, and underwater robotics for Unmanned Maritime Vehicles used in military and commercial applications. www.krakenrobotics.com
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Build your career with Kraken Robotics. Make a difference to others. If innovation drives you, and you want a career that makes a difference to the world, helping humanity overcome the challenges in our oceans - safely, efficiently, and sustainably - then come join us at Kraken Robotics.