Position: Project Manager (1-year contract)
Department: Studio for Teaching and Learning: Global Learning and Intercultural Support
Annual Salary: $52,000 (inclusive of 4% vacation pay)
Under the direction of the Director, Global Learning & Intercultural Support, the Project Manager is responsible for the administration of student mobility programs and the coordination of international projects for students, staff and faculty. The Project Manager manages relationships with external funding organizations and coordinates international internships.Under the direction of the Director, Global Learning & Intercultural Support, the Project Manager is responsible for the administration of student mobility programs and the coordination of international projects for students, staff and faculty. The Project Manager manages relationships with external funding organizations and coordinates international internships.
What you'll do
Duties as the Project Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the partner institutions have current information about Saint Mary's University for their prospective and current visiting exchange students.
- Advising visiting exchange students on registrarial, financial, and social aspects and promoting successful integration into student life at Saint Mary's University.
- Planning and facilitating activities for post-return international program participants and guiding them in reflective exercises. Encouraging their participation as resource persons for prospective applicants and for pre-departure briefings.
- Responding to questions regarding the logistics of traveling and studying abroad and providing advice on international mobility programs and the completion of applications.
- Assisting in selecting of outbound exchange students and organizing pre-departure orientation activities.
- Supporting the International Mobility Awards Selection Committee, compiling application information, and communicating with applicants.
- Organizing promotional events and information sessions on campus for current and new students.
- Identifying host organizations and recruiting, interviewing, selecting and preparing interns in collaboration with the host organizations.
- Establishing procedures for visa processing, travel bookings, transfer of funds, currency exchange, and pre-departure briefings.
- Ensuring timely and accurate financial and narrative reporting to funding agencies.
- Guiding the University community members on the completion of the online Travel Registration system.
- Organizing on-arrival briefing, monitoring, supporting, and pre-departure for Visiting exchange students to Saint Mary's University including the Peer Matching Program.
- Updating and maintaining the database on the University's international activities, including student mobility, agreements, institutional visits.
- Updating website information and working with the media coordinator of the Studio for Teaching and Learning to develop promotional materials with respect to general information about studying abroad and specific programs and projects.
- Providing administrative support to faculty and staff members working on projects.
- Working with Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research and liaising with faculty members and assisting in the preparation of proposals for short-term projects.
- Reviewing literature, academic research and theoretical framework around intercultural development.
- Providing support with on-campus visitors and visiting scholars.
- Representing the University at conferences by making presentations and participating in workshops.
- Liaising with key stakeholders in the university community and maintaining productive relationships.
- Collaborating with counterpart administrators of international programs in the Atlantic Canada regions and planning events within the consortium.
- Participating in professional learning communities of organizations.
- Other duties as assigned
What you'll need
To be the successful Project Manager you will possess a relevant Bachelor degree in International Relations, Intercultural Studies, languages and Linguistics and/ or equivalent combination of relevant experience and/ or education/training in a cross-cultural environment. You will demonstrate interpersonal and client service skills, including the ability to work effectively across teams with a broad range of stakeholders as well as independently. You will demonstrate highly developed written and oral communication skills, including strong presentation skills, superb organizational skills and financial management and budget analysis skills. Must have proven capability in learning intricate application and agreement processes, policies, and procedures efficiently and successfully. Must demonstrate commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies and procedures in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position. Experience in project coordination and event management with the ability to meet agreed standards, attention to details, and timeframes. Must possess strong technological skills and comprehensive experience in using computer applications. Requires experience in international education and/or international work environments. Fluency in at least one language in addition to English would be considered an asset.
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Founded in 1802, Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's oldest and leading institutions of higher learning and has evolved into a vibrant and engaged community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni from more than 100 countries around the world. Saint Mary's University is home to one of Canada's leading business schools, a Science Faculty widely known for its cutting-edge research, a comprehensive and innovative Arts Faculty and a vibrant Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research.
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada. Visit our web site at www.smu.ca.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Apply for this opportunity online by visiting www.smu.ca/employment and use our online application system through CareerBeacon. Select the position you are interested in and apply by clicking the "Apply Online Now" button. Please include the names of three professional references. No telephone calls please.
Competition Opens: December 3, 2019 Competition Closes: December 17, 2019
Saint Mary's University hires on the basis of merit and is committed to the principles of employment equity. Saint Mary's University encourages applications from qualified women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people, and people with disabilities. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
Saint Mary's University thanks all applicants for applying. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Saint Mary's University promotes a Healthy Campus including a Scent-Free environment and a Smoke-Free Campus.
8-Month Limited Term Appointment - Philosophy
Halifax, NS, CA
8-Month Limited Term Appointment - Geography
Halifax, NS, CA
Project Manager (9 Month Contract)
Halifax, NS, CA
Offensive Coordinator– Football (Contract until Dec 31, 2022)
Halifax, NS, CA
Co-Curricular Record Coordinator (1 Year Maternity Leave Contract) (APC)
Halifax, NS, CA