Date Posted: May 26, 2023
Posting Deadline: June 9, 2023
Department: Facilities Management
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Group Affiliation: APC Group, Group 6 ($64,789 - $83,489 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Project Facilitator to join our Facilities Management team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Personal days
- Professional development
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
- Employee Transit EPass through Halifax Transit
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Manager, Projects and Facility Planning, the Project Facilitator will:
- Plans, designs, tenders and manages capital construction projects for the University.
- Provide advice and guidance on potential and on-going projects to the University community, oversees campus signage and furniture, food services and athletic equipment and maintains computer and print drawings, reference specifications and project manuals.
- Manage the resources required to realize the project, including the coordination of consultants, contractors, vendors, project supervisors, and internal staff.
- Handle a variety of projects simultaneously and is responsible for the development and implementation of such projects.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Project Facilitator you will have:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or architecture with a minimum three years directly related work experience or CET with five years directly related work experience.
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Ability to keep current with emerging products, current construction technologies and practices.
- Demonstrated organizational skills, oral and written communication skills and ability to multi-task.
- Certificate in Project Management considered an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected].
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.
Learn more about working at Saint Mary's University here and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!