Halifax Water is hiring for the job of Project Engineer (two Infrastructure Engineering and two Municipal Engineering positions). These are regular opportunities in the Capital Delivery Section of the Engineering and Technology Services Department and have full time hours.
What the Capital Project Delivery Team does:
- Manages the delivery of water, wastewater and stormwater capital projects.
- Provides leadership in Halifax Water by delivering services that protect public health and the environment through the delivery of capital projects.
- Responsible for the provision of professional engineering and project management services (i.e., design and construction management) for a wide range of capital projects related to water, wastewater and stormwater infrastructure.
- Provides technical experience and critical thinking to manage the execution of external consultant and contractor activities on linear renewal, major structure and vertical infrastructure projects.
Working in Infrastructure Engineering, you will:
- Focus on the delivery of capital projects in support of Halifax Water's long-term plans as established by the Infrastructure Master Plans from the Integrated Resource Plan.
Working in Municipal Engineering, you will:
- Focus on the delivery of capital projects generated from asset renewal practices and programs from the Integrated Resource Plan.
To do this job, you need:
- A post-secondary education in Engineering (civil, municipal, process or environmental).
- A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation.
- Five years of progressively responsible related experience in an engineering field (water, wastewater or stormwater).
- Ideally have project management experience.
- A valid NS driver's license.
This is a non-unionized role and the job description and benefits to working at Halifax Water can be viewed on the Halifax Water website (Work for Halifax Water | Halifax Water).
Halifax Water Is An Equal Opportunity Employer
- Our goal is to be a diverse workplace, that is representative of the community we serve, at all job levels. We believe a diverse workforce positively contributes to its success, and the success of our community.
- We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, LGBTQ+ community, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Indigenous persons. You are encouraged to self-identify in the cover letter.
- We will be commencing our selection process in the near future; however, we are still welcoming applications.
Thank you for applying for a job with us. We will contact you only if we choose you for an interview.
If offered the job:
- You will need to successfully pass a background check.
- You may need to successfully pass other pre-employment testing, which could include a satisfactory drivers abstract and a satisfactory drug and alcohol test.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Halifax Water is Atlantic Canada's largest water utility, providing integrated water, wastewater and stormwater services for more than 106,000 customers on a daily basis. For more than 70 years we have been proud stewards of the water cycle, providing clean water to customers, and safely conveying it back to the source. Through our One Team - One Water approach, our more than 550 dedicated emloyees provide essential water services to an estimated 383,000 people in HALIFAX.
In addition to a collegial work environment that promotes a work-life balance, Halifax Water offers its employees a challenging and rewarding career with a competitive compensation and benefits package, opportunities for professional development, and incentive programs. As a member of the team at Halifax Water, you will be contributing to the success of the utility while delivering water, wastewater and stormwater services in an integrated, cost-effective and environmentally sound manner with a commitment to long-term sustainability.
Halifax Water’s goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the community we serve, at all job levels. Halifax Water believes a diverse workforce positively contributes to its success, and the success of our community. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, LGBTQ+ community, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and Indigenous persons. Halifax Water encourages applicants to self-identify in the cover letter.