Date Posted: May 17, 2023
Posting Deadline: May 31, 2023
Department: Facilities Management
Type of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
Group Affiliation: APC Group, Group 7 ($73,463- $94,675 annually)
At Saint Mary's University, you will be surrounded by a talented and dedicated team of professionals committed to accessibility, diversity, and the provision of a positive and supportive learning environment. We recognize the importance of the contribution and growth of each individual in the University's success. We are currently looking to fill the position of Project Engineer to join our Facilities Management team.
What we offer
As a team member at Saint Mary's, we are proud to offer many benefits. Some of these include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Defined Contribution Pension plan
- Personal days
- Flexible Workplace
- Professional development
- Holiday closure
- Summer hour schedule
Job Information and Responsibilities
Under the direction of the Manager, Projects and Facility Planning, the Project Engineer will:
- Be responsible to plan, design, tender and manage capital engineering projects as assigned.
- Monitor, report and provide inputs to the capital planning processes for the existing campus infrastructure, including mechanical, electrical, civil and building systems by maintaining the VFA asset management software.
- Monitor, review provide inputs to optimize the efficiency of the mechanical, fuel and water systems.
- Provide advice and planning on potential projects.
- Maintain computer and print drawings, reference specifications and project manuals on engineering related projects.
Experience and Education Requirements
To be the successful Project Engineer you will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mechanical, Electrical or Civil.
- Professional Engineering (P.Eng.) Designation.
- Minimum of five (5) years related experience.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products and AutoCad.
- Good working knowledge in the Nova Scotia Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation considered an asset.
- Masters Certificate in Project Management (MCPM) considered an asset.
Apply for this opportunity online using our online application system through Career Beacon. Click on "Apply Now" and complete all required information fields. Qualified candidates should submit the following with their application:
- Cover Letter
- Three Professional References
Late applications may not receive consideration. We appreciate all applications and note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
At Saint Mary's University, equity and diversity are integral to excellence and enrich our community. As an institution committed to fostering an environment of inclusion and respect, we welcome applications from women, Indigenous peoples, racialized persons/visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity and others who might contribute to the growth and enrichment of our community. Applicants are encouraged to self-identify. If you require accommodations during the recruitment process, please contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]
A little bit about us
Saint Mary’s University
Saint Mary's University is one of Canada's top primary undergraduate universities--known for its international collaborations, leadership in entrepreneurship, and research that benefits local and global communities. Our programs in Arts, Science, Graduate Studies and the Sobey School of Business are among Canada's best and feature professors who are committed to the success of their students. Saint Mary's provides our 7,000 students with a place that fosters possibility, excellent research opportunities, and distinguished graduate and professional programs combined with a caring community. Nestled in the heart of Halifax, Nova Scotia, on Canada's east coast, Saint Mary's University is marked by iconic buildings, green spaces and fresh ocean air. The Saint Mary's University community is committed to a prosperous future for the world-a world without limits.
Learn more about working at Saint Mary's University here and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!