Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants, and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels, and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, shrimp, and crabs.
Since its founding, Clearwater has invested in science, communities, people, and technological innovation, as well as resource management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed the company to remain a leader in today's global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.
In 2021, Clearwater was acquired by a partnership between Premium Brands and the Mi'kmaq Coalition, comprised of seven Mi'kmaq communities in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. Today, Clearwater is proudly Indigenous owned, committed to creating a sustainable seafood future for generations to come.
Clearwater Seafoods' Human Resources department requires a Project Coordinator as part of the Careers Set Sail program. This position will be located will be in Bedford, NS.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of this position is to organize and manage the Careers Set Sail program to ensure its success. This includes assigning and monitoring daily tasks and communication, as well as creating reports and updates for the project and other members of management. This is a 5-year term with the possibility of an extension.
- This individual will report to the HR Director, Fleet & GSC.
- Lead the Careers Set Sail Program by managing the administrative, reporting, and ensuring accurate upkeep and data integrity within all systems of the program.
- Accurately update and maintain applicant tracking systems and reaching out to relevant HRBP with potential applicants for participation in the program.
- Coordinate community visits, career fairs and other related events to develop talent pipeline.
- Assist with updating and the development of communications including newsletters, posters, etc.
- Manage the advertising for the program within the communities, post-secondary institutions, and the social media pages for the project.
- Assist with managing the day-to-day administration of the program including following up with team members on tasks assigned and scheduling regular check in meetings.
- Develop contacts at each post-secondary institution and meet regularly to develop talent pipeline for the program.
- Other responsibilities as required.
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and create positive solutions.
- Ability to work both independently and as member of a team.
- A keen willingness to learn and a positive attitude.
- Strong work ethic, punctuality, and work attendance
- Ability to prioritize completing job duties.
- Results and detail oriented.
- Minimum 2 years' Project Coordinator experience.
- A post-secondary degree and/or diploma in Project Management.
- Knowledge and relationships with Indigenous communities and organizations would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.