Closing Date: November 21, 2023 at 4:00 PM
The Research Institute in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
The Research Institute in Data Science and Artificial Intelligence (RIDSAI) at UNB multiplies research in AI and data science, creates opportunities for interdisciplinary innovation, and provides a systematic mechanism for applied research partnerships. The Institute fully aligns with the university strategic plan, increasing UNB's research impact through increased research grants, enabling UNB to address major societal challenges, increasing the research productivity of UNB's faculty, and providing an opportunity to remove biases in current AI and data science research models.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-time | 2 Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we are proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Standard Work Hours: Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Salary Range: $46,574 - $58,222 per annum
Reporting to the Director of RIDSAI, the Project Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the establishment and growth of the RIDSAI. This position will support RIDSAI through coordination, implementation, and administration of complex projects, collection of information to track the outcomes and impact from RIDSAI activities, and liaising with diverse stakeholders to develop new projects.
- Coordinate, implement, and administer complex, multi-step projects with many dependencies, such as multiple resources, budgetary limits, and adherence to funder guidelines.
- Work with the Director and RIDSAI members on implementation plans, developing and adhering to timelines, budgeting, deliverables, milestones, and reporting.
- Collect, analyze, and disseminate metrics of project success using various survey tools and other methods of collecting data. Develop visual representations of data and generate reports to communicate key findings.
- Gather and collate reporting, track outcomes from and impact of RIDSAI activities.
- Assist in the development of new projects with RIDSAI members, UNB faculty members, and external partners.
- Liaise with key stakeholders including community organizations, businesses, provincial and federal funding partners, and UNB internal departments and units regularly.
- Manage website updates, social media and other marketing and communication aspects for the Institute.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Post-secondary in a related field.
- 1-5 years of experience in project coordination and reporting.
- Experience in community outreach, relationship building, and/or experiential education projects is an asset.
- Proficient with project coordination tools, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that include excellent writing, editing, proofreading, and attention to detail are required.
- Accuracy, good judgment, and ability to exercise initiative are critical.
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Flexible, able to prioritize and able to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
- Proven record of achieving project goals on time and produce deliverables of a high quality with impact.
- Able to perform in a fast-paced work environment with new challenges daily.
- Highly observant, dynamic, and authentic in your work.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2024 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHY CHOOSE UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
PROFESSIONAL & TECHNICAL STAFF UNION (PTSU)
This position is part of the PSAC, Local 60551 employee group and falls under the PTSU Collective Agreement.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.