We are fortunate to share our successes with an incredible and talented team who share a passion for what they do. Right now, we have an immediate opening for an experienced and energetic individual to join that team.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Project Accountant will support the company responsible for the project accounting (revenue) function and preparation of government funding program claims.
What you'll do
- Managing project accounting function. This includes project set up, month end forecasting reviews, revenue recognition, cost analysis, preparation of monthly financial reports, timesheet management, etc.
- Management of Accounts Receivable function. Responsible for creating invoices and monitoring outstanding invoices.
- Responsible for revenue recognition section of the audit. Also provide support for many audit requests.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining Forecasting and Pricing Summary documents.
- Providing support to operations management to ensure timely and accurate financial information is delivered to the management team.
- Providing support to project managers. This includes Mavenlink reporting, financial reports, bid costing analysis and support, invoicing, other Ad Hoc requests.
- Providing support to sales team as needed.
- Other Ad Hoc reports and requests.
- Government Funding Management
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports for Government Funding Programs:
- Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF)
- National Research Council of Canada's Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP)
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA)
- Scientific Research and Experimental Development (SR&ED)
- Ocean Supercluster
- Assist with developing proposals and submissions for new funding programs including HR and business development funding programs.
What you'll need
- Business degree in finance or accounting, a CPA designation or working towards your CPA designation. Applicants with other combinations of relevant training and experience will also be considered.
- Experience in project accounting and percentage complete revenue recognition an asset.
- Experience with government funding programs such as SR&ED and NRC-IRAP an asset.
- Exposure to International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, analyze and problem solve complex issues.
- Excellent computer skills with experience of advanced Excel techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal, planning, coordinating, organizing, time management, and oral & written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as an active team member.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
BPLI Holdings (TSX-V: BPLI) is an award-winning innovator in both the development of workplace eLearning and simulation, as well as the way large organizations deliver, track and manage training. Within its two operating divisions, Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTSI) and Bluedrop Learning Networks Inc. (BLN), their mandate is to lead and dominate niche markets where technology and learning can deliver new levels of operational success and improve and save lives.