The Program Assistant will provide office support as well as onsite program support for Extended Studies programs. Working with the Extended Studies Manager, the Program Assistant will assist with program development and administration for online and onsite programs. The Program Assistant will, coordinate the youth summer, March Break and Saturday programming.
What you'll do
- Work in conjunction with the Extended Studies Manage, in course planning, database updates, instructor communication, web administration, and advertising campaigns.
- Oversee the development, implementation, and evaluation of youth programming for the School of Extended Studies. Includes the responsibility of coordinating directly with selected youth instructors regarding scheduling term-by-term, constructing ideas for innovative new youth courses, on-site and online program delivery and effectiveness, coordination of Extended Studies exhibitions/events.
- Create class lists for instructors, security and the service center. Prepare course outlines and handouts as necessary.
- Manage and maintain inventory for the School of Extended studies. Source and track materials for courses.
- Update and maintain the School of Extended Studies webpage as required.
What you'll need
Completion of a Degree from NSCAD or another Fine Arts institution in addition to demonstrated familiarity with extended studies programming (or an equivalent combination of training and experience) is required. The successful candidate must have youth art teaching and programming experience. Proficiency in keyboarding and business applications using MAC OSX computer (word processing, desktop publishing spreadsheet, E-mail, graphic design applications [Adobe Creative Suite], social media) is essential.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
NSCAD University (Nova Scotia College of Art and Design) is one of Canada's oldest independent cultural institutions and regarded as a principal center for education and research in visual culture in North America. NSCAD University offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in fine and media arts, craft, design, art history, art education and critical studies, as well as an ambitious array of Extended Studies courses. NSCAD University alumni are among the world's most highly regarded artists, gallery directors, designers, curators and art educators.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Applications should be sent via the CareerBeacon website. Applications should include a cover letter and detailed CV.
Deadline for applications: The University will begin considering applicants on December 13th, 2020 and continue until the position is filled. We appreciate all applicants, however only those selected to move forward in the competition will be contacted. This position is being advertised internally and externally concurrently. Bargaining unit employees for NSGEU Local 82 are given first consideration.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada will be given priority in this search. NSCAD University is committed to employment equity and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
This position is a part-time permanent position expected to work 26.25 hours per week as scheduled.