The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Brick, a division of The Shaw Group Limited is looking for a Production Worker. The original clay brick began manufacturing in Lantz, Nova Scotia 160 years ago were the building blocks of a company that would go on to become a local household name and change the landscape of Atlantic Canada. Today, Shaw Brick continues to manufacture brick, and over the years has added new products to enhance the beauty of homes, yards, and entire communities with high quality, sustainable, locally made, and affordable products.
· Fixing pallets
· Cleaning mixer
· Running forklift
· Piling block products
· Repairing pallets
· Other tasks assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
· Aptitude for insuring safety as the priority with the demands of production
· Positive attitude and motivated to contribute to high production results.
· Minimum Grade XII or equivalent
· Must be able to operate lift truck in a safe manner.
· Mechanically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving and trouble shooting
· Strong team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written)
· Must be willing to learn.
· Must be willing and able to work overtime as required.
· Must be willing to work flexible hours as required.
· Clean Attendance and Discipline Record
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com