Are you looking for a role that will enable you to further develop experience you already have in electronics assembly? Are you looking to learn about electronics assembly, and have an aptitude for detailed work? Are you able to work well within a team? Are you able to communicate effectively? Do you have a focus on Continuous Improvement?
The position we have open will primarily be responsible for assembling the electronic components required for our products. The role will include operating a wire cutting machine, assembling wire harnesses. In addition, there will be the need to learn assembly techniques by installing, mounting, fastening, aligning and adjusting parts, and components. The role will also include the opportunity to be involved in Continuous Improvement projects. In addition, there will be a requirement to work in other parts of Assembly, Fabrication or Operations generally, as required.
What you'll need
· Ideally have prior assembly experience;
· Have the ability to problem-solve;
· Have attention to detail;
· Be able to read technical drawings;
· Be able to communicate effectively;
· Work well in a team environment, as well as use your own initiative;
· Be willing to learn new skills and take on additional responsibilities.
· Have continuous improvement as a focus;
· Operate with safety as a priority.
Other elements of the role include:
· Lifting and moving of parts and wire reels is required, generally around 5kg/11lb up to 23kg/50lbs. Some assemblies may be heavier so ability to lift items over 50 lbs repetitively may be required;
· Ability to stand and move around for periods of time;
· Ability to operate machinery;
· Required to have close visual acuity to work with small parts, read documentation;
· Regular use of computer.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Nautel is an award-winning company founded and headquartered in Nova Scotia. Nautel has earned an international reputation as a world leader in the design and manufacture of highly specialized large scale communications equipment. Nautel is home to over 225 employees spread across 4 locations and spanning three countries. At Nautel, we feel fortunate to be leaders in an industry that serves billions of people worldwide by supporting the delivery of critical news and information to those who need it. We believe that new ideas and fostering an innovative culture is fundamental to our success, and we encourage our people to embrace these same principles. Nautel is a cutting-edge company where employees work within a team-based environment, and the effort of every team member is integral to our success.
We understand that there is no such thing as a perfect candidate, and you do not need to have 100% of the listed requirements in order to apply. You do need to feel energized by the opportunity and want to work as part of our team and operate demonstrating the behaviours below.
At Nautel, we are people who: Work as part of a team, Are accountable for our actions, Operate with integrity, Understand the customers' view, Challenge the status quo and embrace change, Communicate effectively, Operate with safety as a priority.
Nautel values diversity; we are committed to creating and maintaining a diverse, equitable, inclusive and collaborative workplace.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise us.
Background checks will be undertaken for all roles.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If this sounds like a role that would interest you, we look forward to hearing from you. Please submit your cover letter and resume.