Clearwater Seafoods is one of the world's largest vertically integrated seafood companies with over 1,900 employees in offices, plants and vessels across the globe. The Canadian company operates from ocean-to-plate, owning its own fishing licenses, vessels and processing facilities, while also providing delivery to its customers worldwide. Clearwater is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety and diversity of premium wild-caught seafood, including scallops, lobster, langoustine, clams, whelk, cold water shrimp and crabs.
As a leading harvester, processor and marketer of sustainably sourced seafood, Clearwater supplies its products to wholesalers, retailers and foodservice distributors throughout the world. Selling its products globally under the Clearwater, Macduff and various private label brands.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in its science, innovative technology and management approaches to support sustainability and grow its wild seafood resource. This commitment has established Clearwater as a global leader in sustainable seafood excellence.
Purpose of Position:
With support of the Plant Manager, the Production Supervisor will supervise and direct our production processes.
This position reports to: Plant Manager
This position has the following positions reporting to it: Labourers on shift
Duties & Accountabilities (Responsibilities):
The following specific job responsibilities relate to this position:
- Supervise the packing of live lobster as required for all customer orders
- Supervise a team of workers on/ around conveyor belts, forklifts, and trucks
- Paperwork, box making, may be required along with other duties as reasonably assigned.
- Responsible to open and close the plant for the day
- Determine what product is to be used on that shift
- Ensure orders go out in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure procedures are followed for all operation including packing;
- Ensure all safety procedures are followed and all employees are aware of safety procedures and requirements including First Aid and WHMIS and safe forklift procedures
- Familiar with customers in order to use proper product for each customer
- Discipline and motivate employees to ensure team operates well on all shifts
- Technical profinciency required to manage all inventory and accounting related functions within SAP operating system. Training provided.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned
Key Behavioral Competencies (Personal Characteristics):
These are essential in order to perform the job successfully.
- Dedicated, hardworking, and detail oriented
- Above average communication skills
- Team Focused
- Customer Service Focus
- Demonstrated Time Management and People Management skills
Travel: as required
Physical Demands: Lift up to 120 pounds with help of a co-worker
Environment: Noisy, damp, wet
Schedule: As assigned and varies with seasons.
- Excellent work ethic
- Mathematical and problem solving skills
- Knowledgeable in computer applications and software
- Experience with SAP or other ERP would be considered an asset
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to work flexible hours if required, especially during month end and budget times
- Experience in a plant would be considered an asset
- Fluency in English, additional language skills considered an asset
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Clearwater Seafoods is one of North America's largest vertically-integrated seafood companies and the largest holder of shellfish licenses and quotas in Canada. It is recognized globally for its superior quality, food safety, diversity of species and reliable worldwide delivery of premium wild, eco-certified seafood, including scallops, lobster, clams, coldwater shrimp, sea cucumber, langoustine, whelk and crab.
Since its founding in 1976, Clearwater has invested in science, people and technological innovation, as well as resource ownership and management to sustain and grow its seafood resource. This commitment has allowed it to remain a leader in the global seafood market and in sustainable seafood excellence.