Imperial Manufacturing Group is currently looking for an enthusiastic Production Planner to join our winning team. The Production Planner will be a part of the team dedicated to the preparation, planning and release of production plans for our facilities. As a successful Production Planner, you will be a quick learner with the ability to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. You'll be joining a planning team that will allow you the opportunity to develop a variety of skills in an evolving organization. Our Planning team is looking for a problem solver who is organized and dedicated towards ensuring all customers, both internal and external, have access to the products and materials needed.
What you'll do
- Production planning and preparing production schedules for manufacturing with Oracle.
- Provide excellent internal customer service to Lead Hands by ensuring all required information is available to successfully execute production plans.
- Ensure each operation meets shipping dates according to sales forecasts and customer orders.
- Create and maintain production targets for each department.
- Plan sequence of assembly, installation, and other manufacturing operations as guidance for employees.
- Analyze, plan, and manage equipment and labor capacities to ensure valid and accurate plans are created and executed
- Prepare, as required, purchase requisition orders to obtain materials.
- Analyze material inventories and take corrective actions through MRP settings for preventative maintenance.
- Coordinate and expedite the placement of purchase orders and/or delivery of material.
- Schedule, expedite, and coordinate the delivery and movement of critical material, including transfers and releases.
- Initiate replacement orders for lost, damaged or discrepant items.
- Manage the planning process that includes the usage of existing inventories at multiple locations, and working with Category Managers for appropriate actions on aging inventories.
- Maintain accurate WIP floor inventory levels.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll need
- 2+ years of experience in previous inventory, purchasing, planning or manufacturing environment
- Strong team player and excellent customer service skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills required
- A university degree or college diploma in business or a related field is considered an asset
- Ability to solve problems and analyze data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Proficient with computers, specifically Microsoft Excel
- Experience with MRP system is required
- Experience with Oracle (ERP system) is an asset
- Experience in a manufacturing environment and LEAN principles would be considered an asset
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Imperial Manufacturing Group
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's Best Managed Companies - Platinum Club", our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.
IMG believes that our entrepreneurial culture creates an environment that encourages and enables our employees to be at their best every day. Encouraging them to think on their feet, to take an idea from start to finish, to take ownership of their job, and to ultimately stay ahead of the competition.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Imperial Manufacturing Group is a leading manufacturer and supplier of 7000+ heating, ventilation and structural building products for residential and commercial applications. Recognized as one of "Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies", IMG proudly employs over 800 dedicated employees across Canada and the United States. Our employees are valued and recognized as the key to our success; their growth is continually challenged and supported within our dynamic and diversified organization.