The Product Support Specialist provides the first- and second-level of support for customers and field representatives. They will assume ownership of support cases and will follow through until the case has been closed. If a question cannot be immediately answered, the Product Support Specialist will be expected to use available material resources and/or consult with product experts to advance the resolution of the issue in a timely manner. Strong technical aptitude, excellent communication skills, initiative and strong problem solving skills are required for this position. The Product Support Specialist reports to the Director of Systems Engineering.
What you'll do
Using corporate processes, tools, and standards, the system designer is responsible for leading or contributing by:
- Providing product support to customers as well as the sales and service teams
- Taking appropriate steps to bring any open support cases to resolution in a timely manner
- Analyzing failure reports to execute Root Cause Analysis
- Analyzing and calculating optimal spares inventory for deployed products
- Managing product obsolescence with main suppliers
- Calculating part mean-time-to-failure
- Providing improvement recommendations to Product Development team
- Communicating proactively with customers concerning product performance
- Implementing support procedures per contractual Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Visiting customer sites as required
What you'll need
- Bachelor's or technical degree in a scientific, technology, or engineering field
- Minimum 2 years' experience in technology related product support role
- Experience in hardware and software product support an asset
- Experience in fault analysis, troubleshooting an asset
- Able to work both independently and within a team
- Willing to travel occasionally to customer sites
- Must be able to obtain a Government of Canada security clearance
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Bluedrop Training & Simulation
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. (BTS) operates within the defense and aerospace industry where it designs and develops highly specialized, high performance, tactical training for front line operators of equipment working in complex environments and high-risk situations. This includes, training systems needs analysis, custom courseware development, virtual simulation training devices, and ongoing training support for in service support. Typical customers include Tier one OEMs such as Boeing, Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
This is an excellent opportunity for ambitious, career-oriented individuals who wish to be part of a large, dynamic and highly successful organization. We offer competitive compensation, bonus opportunities and benefits, as well as exceptional career growth potential. Please forward your resume, in confidence, by clicking Apply Now to be considered for this current vacancy. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Bluedrop Training & Simulation Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We just hire the best….