Crosbie Group of Companies
Crosbie Group of Companies is a diversified family business involved in real estate development, construction, onshore asset maintenance services and offshore oil and gas services in Atlantic Canada. We are currently seeking an experienced Procurement Coordinator, based in St. John's, NL. This position is for an initial period of one year.
What you'll do
As Procurement Coordinator you will be responsible for the procurement, monitoring and expediting of materials, equipment and services for both onshore and offshore requirments for the Crosbie Group of Companies.
Primary responsibilities and acocuntabilities include:
- Executing the procurement process in accordance with the company procurement procedure ensuring accuracy of documentation and supporting other departments to ensure understanding and compliance;
- Evaluate and provide solutions and/or quotations based on client requirements;
- Interface with suppliers, negotiate satisfactory price discounts, terms, delivery methods and dates, and determine the most appropriate sources of supply;
- Facilitate resolution of any discrepancies relating to client material and equipment deliverables through coordination with stakeholders;
- Coordinate with client logistics departments on shipment details and delivery destinations, assuring timely and cost effective transport of all equipment and materials to the jobsite;
- Prepare outward manifests, shipping releases and any other client required documents;
- Follow up and report on weekly procurement deliverables to clients to ensuring that all orders are processed and delivered on time;
- Monitor and coordinate the importing and expediting of international shipments to reduce delays and ensure cost effectiveness;
- Facilitate and support the management of change process in the procurement department;
- Support implementation of new processes to become more efficient in equipment and inventory management
What you'll need
Post Secondary education in business, with a focus in accounting or relevant discipline;
- Enrollment in or completion of SCMP would be an asset;
- 2-5 years experience in a procurement or similar role ;
- Experience with/exposure to warehousing operations and logistics, inventory management and equipment certification requirements; and
- Experience in the oil and gas and/or industrial services industries.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Crosbie family's involvement in Newfoundland and Labrador business began in 1858 with the arrival of George Crosbie in Brigus. In 1881, George moved to St. John's and the family business has been headquartered there ever since. His son John, subsequently Sir John, expanded into many diverse businesses and founded Crosbie and Company Limited at the turn of the century.
Sir John Crosbie's legacy of entrepreneurship, public service and philanthropy has set the standard for three successive generations of the family. The Crosbie Group limited is now in its 5th generation as a family business and has sustained the spirit of the company's last 100 plus years by continuing its involvement in industries that have been at the core of its success, while branching into the emerging and evolving sectors that the province has come to offer.
In March of 2019 it was announced that Crosbie Group has been named as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies for the fifth year in a row . The Canada's Best Managed Companies program recognizes excellence in privately-owned Canadian companies and symbolizes companies who are focused on their core vision, creating stakeholder value and excelling in the global economy. We are very proud to have joined a very inspiring group of companies sharing this designation.
Currently the Group's interests are concentrated in the following four principle areas:
- Offshore Oil & Gas
- Onshore Industrial
- Real Estate
Are you interested?
Work With Us
If interested in a challenging position please apply no later than September 20, 2018. Please note that this role is a term position for an initial period of one year.
Crosbie Group of Companies is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and a respectful work environment. We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
If you require this job advertising in an alternate format or require accessability supports to complete your application please contact us immediately or contact our community partners at Inclusion NL to access the supports you require (kathy@inclusionNL.ca or 709-697-3323).