Work Location: Office or Hybrid (2 days/wk from a corporate office) from Atlantic Canada
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking Procurement Analyst. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
Reporting to the Category Sourcing Manager, the Procurement Analyst contributes to an environment that is business and vendor focused and performance driven, by providing internal and external customers with subject matter expertise in the areas of public procurement, sourcing, contract and vendor management, and performance measurement.
Closing: December 10, 2023
What you'll do
Sourcing: Administer the public bid process (RFQs, RFPs, etc.), assess and evaluate bid responses and facilitate the recommendation to award decision process; issue purchase orders; debrief vendors; advise and collaborate on APPs; ensure all activities are in adherence to the Atlantic Procurement Agreement.
Contract Management: Facilitate development of contracts, addendums, Statement of Work (SOWs), Non-disclosure Agreements (NDAs), etc., liaising with Legal Services and internal/external parties as required; lead vendor management reviews on assigned relationships; proactively address vendor issues; manage renewals for assigned contracts.
Problem Solve: Identify and investigate problems, determine root causes and develop solutions with appropriate parties.
Analytics: Regularly analyze spend information for assigned vendors and categories; provide the business with recommendations and fact-based information to make decisions related to spend; provide other reports and analysis as required by the business.
Continuous Improvement: Leverage the Oracle system to ensure continuous improvement of process and systems; embed a mindset of continuous improvement into all aspects of operations; work collaboratively with the SCM team to achieve results.
What you'll need
Education and Experience:
- University Degree or Diploma in a business-related field.
- A Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation or other procurement designations (MCIPS, APICS, etc.) or are willing to work towards a procurement designation.
- 3+ years' experience working in Supply Chain Management, preferably in the public sector.
Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.
- Strong negotiation, influencing, communication and relationship management skills.
- Communicate highly complex concepts and create consensus and commitment among a broad group of stakeholders.
- Possess tact when dealing with sensitive situations and ensuring confidentiality and;
- Desire to build exceptional client experiences and is passionate and curious to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns.
- Someone with advanced MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access) and experience working in SharePoint and ERP systems (preferably Oracle).
- Someone willing and able to assist in transforming the function and improving the results of the business unit by demonstrating creativity, continuous improvement and future-focused thinking.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player.
Awesome if you had:
- Gaming Experience
- Extended health coverage that includes medical, dental, and vision.
- Basic life insurance and disability.
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan.
- Three weeks of vacation annually (pro-rated) and 13 paid statutory holidays. Plus, we have a vacation purchasing program.
- Flexible Workplace Arrangements
- Wellness Support: Wellness programs focused on physical and nutritional health (and more), 3 paid personal care days and a 24/7 Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Three personal leave days per year.
- Two volunteer days per year.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: The last couple of years has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All interviews are conducted in English, our working language, unless otherwise stated.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which includes meeting expectations on their last performance review. Performance improvement plans, disciplinary action, attendance, mandatory training, and other performance related items will also be taken into consideration when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
A little bit about us
Our players have been having fun and "dreaming big" since 1976 when Atlantic Lottery started offering lottery games on behalf of the governments of Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador and Prince Edward Island. The game options have grown and changed over the years and so has our workforce! Today's Atlantic Lottery has more than 600 employees, who are the heart and soul of our business. We offer everything from dare-to-dream draw games to online bingo; breakopen tickets to sports wagering; and games in social settings and on the internet. With games come winners - big and small wins every day - but the best thing about lottery games is that when you choose to play with us, everyone benefits. 100% of our profits go back into our communities. That feels good! #ProudToBeAL
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, we have many roles that allow you to work from any of our four Atlantic provinces. Explore living East:
Are you interested?
Work With Us
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal/educational background checks prior to employment.