The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource-based products in industrial minerals, commercial, and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets. The Shaw Group has won many national and provincial awards including safety awards and a national export award with a special citation for job creation.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Cleaner / Preventive Maintenance Technician to join our Team. The Industrial Cleaning position will require the successful candidate, be able to work in a team setting and individual basis. This role is equal parts preventive maintenance, machine optimization and cleaning / detailing. This role will be focused on the deep cleaning of automated robots, sensors, and packaging equipment to increase uptime and throughput. Further responsibilities include general sweeping, painting, and housekeeping projects such as organizing cabinets and spare part inventory. The successful candidate will be an integral member of both the maintenance and production teams and will gain valuable skills and experience.
As an integral part of our Operations/Maintenance Team, you will:
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for the day-to-day operations of the facility
- Understand the working of various machinery including genie booms and forklifts (training will provided)
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Comfortable in an industrial environment; general labour or industrial cleaning experience considered an asset
- You are comfortable meeting very high quality and safety standards
- You work well as a team member
- You are reliable and have reliable transportation
- Operate and maintain industrial cleaning equipment and other specialty tools
- Complete maintenance and checks on equipment
- Ensure equipment is properly cleaned at end of shift
- Other duties as assigned
- Class 5 required (Class 3 driver's license considered and asset)
- Lock out Tag out Training/experience considered an asset
- 1+ years' experience in an industrial environment preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- You are safety focused when it comes to people and equipment
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow, and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Night shift