Are you a visionary leader who thrives in a complex policy environment? Are you passionate about driving economic development, fostering innovation, and influencing positive change? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you to make a significant impact supporting sustainable and inclusive economic growth in New Brunswick.
The Chapman Group is happy to support The New Brunswick Business Council (NBBC) in seeking its next President & CEO to lead the efforts to create a growing, competitive, and sustainable economy for all who invest, work, and live in the province.
Established in 2005, the Council was created to be a convenor, catalyst, and advocate on policy issues of importance to our economic, social, and environmental prosperity. Council's membership consists of 30 Presidents, CEOs, and Chairs of leading New Brunswick-based companies, all of whom are passionate about the province and committed to its future success. Our members operate in various strategic economic sectors including forestry, manufacturing, agri-food, industrial construction and manufacturing, mining, IT, banking and finance, transportation, energy, and post-secondary education among others.
The President & CEO must be capable of operating in a complex policy environment, building strong partnerships with stakeholders, and managing multiple responsibilities and priorities simultaneously. Council members are highly practical and results-driven and expect measurable impacts on our key priorities. Currently, priorities include fostering economic development and business competitiveness in the transition to net zero, increasing immigration and affordable housing, and fostering more innovation and research and development in the province.
What you'll do
- Leadership & Strategy: Serve as the public face of NBBC, developing and implementing strategic plans and initiatives in alignment with the mission.
- Advocacy & Policy: collaborate with stakeholders and governments to craft policy solutions.
- Partnership Building & Networking: Establish and nurture relationships with various stakeholders, fostering collaborative partnerships.
- Research & Insight: Collect, analyze, and disseminate economic and business data, providing data-driven recommendations.
- Communication: Effectively convey the Council's vision and initiatives to stakeholders.
- Operations: Design and execute all Council meetings and presentations, overseeing all operational matters
What you'll need
- Proven leadership experience at the executive level within a non-profit, government, or private sector organization.
- Deep understanding of New Brunswick's economic, social, and environmental policy landscape.
- Extensive knowledge in key areas such as energy transition, immigration, affordable housing, productivity, innovation, and R&D.
- Strong policy and advocacy skills, with the ability to drive impactful change and influence stakeholders
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills to effectively convey our message and advocate for our interests.
- Strong networking and experience in building partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
- .The ability to work independently and manage diverse responsibilities.
- Advanced analytical and strategic planning skills.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree in a related field preferred.
- Bilingual proficiency in both official languages.
The NBBC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
Join us as we lead New Brunswick into a sustainable, competitive, and growing economy. Apply today.
The deadline to apply is August 11, 2023.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
The Chapman Group
We are happy to support our client with this recruitment.