NBCC is currently seeking a dynamic and competent individual/leader for the position of Power Engineer. Our College is committed to transforming lives and communities.
When you work at NBCC, you are a valued team member of a community of leaders who are driven by learning excellence and by our important role in social and economic development.
What you'll do
Reporting to the Facilities Supervisor, as a member of maintenance team, you are responsible for ensuring the safe operation of our heating plant, which contributes to our commitment to provide a safe, healthy, and controlled working and learning environment. Specifically your duties will include:
- making adjustments and minor repairs to boilers, pumps, ventilation and AC equipment, and other equipment;
- ensuring the safe operation of both a high and low pressure heating system involving boilers;
- using automated and computerized equipment (e.g. Energy Management Controls System - EMCS);
- cleaning and maintaining boilers, boiler room, and related equipment;
- doing minor plumbing, painting or carpentry related to the heating and ventilation systems;
- keeping records of fuel consumption and steam produced;
- complete filter inspections and replacement on a regularly scheduled basis;
- performing related work as required including some maintenance, repair and utility work, and;
- other related duties as assigned.
What you'll need
Qualifications required for this opportunity include a high school diploma or equivalent, a valid Fourth Class Power Engineer’s License, and a minimum of one (1) year of recent and related work experience in heating and ventilation, and building and mechanical systems maintenance. Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Internet is required. The successful candidate must work well in a team environment and will have strong interpersonal and analytical skills. Candidates must clearly demonstrate how they meet these qualifications on their resumes.
Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Preference may be given to candidates who possess a certificate or diploma in Power Engineering Technology, Building Systems or Refrigeration and Air Conditioning, and experience in computerized building system software.
Other combinations of education and experience may be considered as equivalent. Subject to competition response, the minimum qualifications may be raised.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Canada at the time of application. This competition may be used to fill future vacancies at the same level. We promote an equal opportunity work environment.
We're looking for
A little bit about us
New Brunswick Community College (NBCC)
With six Campuses across the province, New Brunswick Community College (NBCC) transforms lives and communities across New Brunswick and contributes to the social and economic prosperity of our province.
Why work with NBCC?
- You want to make a difference. By working at NBCC, you can support students in achieving their educational and career aspirations, help meet the needs of employers and contribute to stronger communities across New Brunswick.
- You want to belong to something bigger. NBCC welcomes the individual experiences and perspectives of our learners, our staff and our partners. We nurture a culture of belonging where everyone feels valued and has opportunities to add value. NBCC is an equal opportunity employer building a dynamic team that is representative of the communities and industries that we serve.
- We're one of the best places to work in Atlantic Canada. For three years in a row, we have been named one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers because of our commitment to families, community service and employee engagement. This includes, paid time off to volunteer, comprehensive benefits packages and professional development opportunities.
Think you belong here? Apply to NBCC today.
Application Helpful Tips (pdf)
Are you interested?
Work With Us
NBCC offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package that includes a competitive salary for this position ranging from $42,952 to $44,242. This position is a unionized position where the terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Canadian Union of Public Employees collective agreement (Operational Services Group) for the College.
All interested candidates must submit a detailed application and resume online, by May 22, 2018. All applications will be acknowledged upon receipt.