PlayWise is Red Shores responsible gambling brand which is core to the company in promoting a healthy, safe, and fun guest experience.
The PlayWise Advisor plays a role in creating a culture that promotes healthy and sustainable gambling play amongst Atlantic Canadians and guests to the Red Shores Racetrack and Casino. They are a business professional with experience working with the public; coordinating and developing programs, dealing with sensitive and confidential information, have excellent organizational and communication skills and thinks creatively.
As one of Red Shore's PlayWise Advisors, you will play an important role in educating guests and employees on gambling related topics, working with the business to create a positive guest experience, and offer support to those who have questions about their gambling behavior. This PlayWise Advisor position will have a core focus on events and education with guests and employees. They will play a large role in the planning, execution, and evaluation of all guest and employee events.
The PlayWise Advisor is required to work shifts in both Charlottetown and Summerside, as well as some evenings and weekends.
What you'll do
Working closely with the Human Resources Manager and PlayWise Lead, the key responsibilities of the Advisor will be:
• The development and execution of healthy play projects, initiatives, and advancement of the PlayWise Strategy and business plan.
• Rewards and recognition of fellow Red Shores employees.
• Tracking and reporting of all employee and guest interactions.
• The development, execution and evaluation of all employee and player events, including the briefing of the PlayWise team.
• Daily education and awareness opportunities with guests and employees on, PlayWise, how the games work, healthy play habits, etc.
• Development of educational content for employees and guests, such as the employee bulletin board, employee newsletter and public screen.
3. Support Services
• Short-term support for guests who have questions or concerns about their play.
• Referrals and education on local community resources.
• Take part in Self-Exclusion and Reinstatement program/process.
• The point of contact for all reinstatement requests, including contacting the player and setting up meeting time.
What you'll need
• Strong organizational, time management and communication skills. (Both verbal & written).
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience working with the public and offering top notch customer service.
• A background in Human Service Field is an asset.
• A solid understanding of Mental Health, addiction related matters.
• Experience handling confidential information and possess a solid understanding of the importance in maintaining confidentiality.
• Ability to work closely and professionally with various stakeholders, guests, and employees.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
A little bit about us
Red Shores Race Track & Casino
We are proud to be the first state-of-the-art entertainment facility in Atlantic Canada which combines Harness Racing, Dining and Gaming all under one roof.
RED SHORES offers a work environment of growth, challenge and innovation. We are an equal opportunity employer with comprehensive training; along with competitive salaries, and benefits program.
With more than 250 employees, the RED SHORES workforce is made up of administrative, front line, technical, professional, and management positions located in the heart of Charlottetown and Summerside, Prince Edward Island.
What sets us apart from other employers is our work environment and most important of all…our people.
At RED SHORES you'll have the opportunity to meet and work with people from all aspects and locations of our business - contributing creatively, and knowing you're truly making a difference in our success… and yours!