Division: Nova Scotia Sand and Gravel 'NSSG' (Shaw Resources)
Location: Hardwood Lands, NS
The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are seeking a Full-time, Seasonal Wash Plant Operator for our NSSG Aggregate division in Hardwood Lands, Nova Scotia. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
Participating in all aspects of operation of the Wash Plant, including:
- Ability to work; day/evening/night shifts as needed
- Operating in a safety focused mindset
- Operation of Wash Plant after proper training
- Quality control of product
- Communicating with other team members
- Reporting to the plant supervisor on any issues regarding quality, safety, maintenance, and production.
- Carrying out facility maintenance requirements as directed from the supervisor.
- Maintaining all levels of communication, such as production, log books, and verbal communication.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment "everything has a place and everything in its place".
- Safe and efficient operation of the front end loaders as needed.
- Other duties, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership when required.
- Mechanical aptitude & experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Experience in the safe and efficient operation of a front end loader considered an asset
- Class 1 license will be considered an asset
- First Aid Training will be considered an asset
Overtime may be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely.
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hardwood Lands, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person