The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Resources is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Resources has developed a range of value-added natural resource-based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial, and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Resources sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time position a Plant Operator for our Shaw Renewables division in Milford, Nova Scotia. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
Participating in all aspects of operation of the Pellet Plant, including:
- Responsible for a crew of 3
- Focus on safety and Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensuring plant is operating at optimal efficiency
- Carrying out facility maintenance requirements.
- Quality Control testing on products.
- Communicating with incoming and outgoing crews on plant operation.
- Acting on any issues regarding quality, safety, maintenance, and production.
- Maintaining all levels of communication, such as production, logbooks, and verbal communication.
- Required to maintain a clean work environment "everything has a place and everything in its place".
- Other duties, as may be required.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Commitment to a safe work culture.
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work unsupervised and provide leadership.
- Experience in operating manufacturing process equipment.
- Mechanical aptitude & experience.
- Ability to work shifts
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Shift work and/or periodic overtime may be required. You must be able to work in hot/cold environments and be physically capable of performing manual tasks safely.
Why work for our Shaw Resources team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Type: Full-time
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift