The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Renewables a division of The Shaw Group produces and packages top-of-the-line wood pellets and a natural equine bedding alternative that can be found at local building supply stores across Atlantic Canada. We also deliver bulk domestic wood pellets to local schools and supply international markets with an industrial wood pellet to fulfill demands for sustainable energy alternatives to fossil fuels.
Due to continued growth, we are currently seeking an individual to fill a position as Plant Spare for our Belledune, New Brunswick location. We are seeking someone with a strong work ethic, ability to work independently under minimal supervision and safety focused mindset.
As an integral part of our Operations Team you will:
- Follow and work alongside crews to safely, efficiently & effectively run the plant and ensure production, quality and housekeeping goals are met
- Operating front end loaders
- Plant maintenance and repairs
- Actively participating in Tool Box meetings for the crew
- Team Player
- High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Mechanically Inclined
- Physical labour will be required
- Heave Equipment (front end loader) experience an asset
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Maintains a high level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability
- Easily adaptable in the field as the demands of the plant changes
- Quality minded
- Safety conscious
Why work for our Shaw Renewables team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your resume via Indeed.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities in our workplace and encourage applications from Women, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belledune, NB E8G 2E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.