The Shaw Group Limited is one of the 50 Best-Managed Companies in Canada and is one of Eastern Canada's leading natural resource manufacturers and community developers. Shaw Renewables is a division of the Shaw Group of Companies. Shaw Renewables has developed a range of value-added natural resource based products in industrial minerals and wood pellets for industrial, commercial and retail markets. Quality products, processing expertise, and market knowledge have helped Shaw Renewables sustain growth founded on innovation and new markets.
We are looking for an individual with the skills, know-how, and can-do attitude to keep our equipment operating at peak efficiency, so we can keep delivering our product and satisfying our customers to fill the Plant Millwright role.
The successful applicant will be trusted to take ownership of the upkeep and preventive maintenance for our equipment, servicing our plant for every need from proactive maintenance, rebuilds, repairs, and everything in between.
- Preventative maintenance
- Carryout repairs and adjustment of mechanical equipment
- Participate in equipment failure/Root Cause Analysis
- Participate in Process and Reliability improvement initiatives
- Record, update and maintain historical information
- Participate in inventory management
- Adhere to Plant Safety Protocols
- Red Seal Millwright
- 2+ years' experience preferred.
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Strong sense of safety
- Applicable safety training will be considered an asset, but may be provided, including Forklift, WHMIS, Fall Arrest, First Aid & CPR, Lock Out/Tag Out, etc.
- Ability to work without supervision and to get along well with others
- Good organizational skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel
- Familiarity with equipment lubrication
- Working knowledge of pumps, gearboxes, electric motors, conveying systems, large industrial rotating equipment, and pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Appreciation of production environment and the sense of urgency required
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required to accommodate equipment down times
Why work for our Shaw Renewables team?
We understand the importance of investing in and developing our people. We are collaborative and team oriented. We provide our team with the opportunities to grow and we create a safe environment for our people to bring fresh ideas to the table. And we like people with a "let's get it done" attitude! If this sounds like the right fit for you, please show your interest by submitting your cover letter and resume via Indeed.
For more information on The Shaw Group of Companies and Shaw Renewables please visit our website: www.shawgroupltd.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
Work Location: In person
A little bit about us
The Shaw Group Limited
The Shaw Group is one of Eastern Canada's leading manufacturers and community developers. With a strong focus on products for the construction industry, we compete in a variety of market sectors and produce close to 1,000 individual products in 12 facilities across the Maritimes. Five retail Shaw Centres and more than 300 dealers sell Shaw Group products. Our company operates on a decentralized basis through a number of divisions and subsidiaries: Shaw Brick, Shaw Precast Solutions, Shaw Resources, Clayton Developments Limited, MMH Prestige Homes Inc., Ven-Rez Products Limited, Shaw Lifestyle and Shaw Living.