Multiple Locations: Moncton, Dieppe, Riverview, Cap-Pelé, New Brunswick
Experience a work environment that fosters growth and creativity in a company that still values work ethic and interpersonal relationships. Thermalite is proud to be an Atlantic Canadian owned and operated Manufacturing Facility that is growing and looking to add a Plant Engineer to their driven and successful team. Starting with only 5 employees in the early 1980's; this company has flourished and currently employees over 100 people in 2 facilities.
Reporting to the General Manager, the right candidate will have experience in a manufacturing environment. This role requires a high level of independence and energy. The successful candidate will work with all departments within the company to ensure the best quality product is delivered on time at the best total cost possible.
What you'll do
Main Responsibilities Include:
- Manage quality and security certificates
- Apply on an annual basis to different organizations
- Maintain processes and documentation throughout the year
- Complete research and development as per General Manager’s work plan
- Investigate customer complaints regarding quality
- Provide technical support to sales and management team
- Analyse quality control test results
- Ensure production equipment is properly configured
What you'll need
- Post-Secondary Diploma in engineering
- 2-3 years of working experience in a similar position or field
- Strong communicator in the English language, both written and oral
- High level of time management and ability to lead a team
- High level of proficiency in computer systems
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
Critical Success Factors:
- Ability to interact with the Management Team in a professional manner to continually enhance the company's performance
- Desire to learn the business, understand the production process by walking the floor, and participating in production meetings
- A complete hands-on approach is required to assist the plant in developing in its continued success
- Ability to work independently without supervision and with minimum direction
- Ability to manage, direct and mentor the team on the day-to-day tasks in a fast-paced environment to achieve overall departmental goals and objectives
- Adopt a common-sense approach to identifying and addressing problems and control opportunity areas
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Thermalite Products Inc.
Since opening its doors in 1982, Thermalite Products Inc., founded by Sen. Joseph Landry, has become recognized as a leader in the manufacturing and distributing of EPS-molded foam insulated shipping containers and GEL-PAKs, which are instrumental in the safe transit of temperature sensitive products in the fresh fish and seafood industry. A pioneer in its field with over 25 years experience in the packaging industry, Thermalite Products Inc, has an outstanding reputation for quality and service, and has made a commitment to providing the most reliable and cost effective shipping containers in the industry.
From custom-designed to standard containers, Thermalite Products' line has grown significantly during the last few years to accommodate all your packaging needs. We also offer our valued customers a full range of corrugated outer boxes, leak proof flip-lid corrugated boxes, plastics bags, and foam or cotton pads. We've truly transformed our image to that of a one-stop shop for all of your packaging requirements. Our mission is to service and satisfy each and every customer. Inside you will find detailed information on our wide range of products. We invite you to contact us to discuss how we may help you meet your shipping needs.