Responsible for assessments and therapeutic interventions for residents who have been referred for Physiotherapy services.
Serves as a resource and an educator for quality and risk management activities.
What you'll do
- Perform assessments on residents
- Generate Physiotherapy reports and statistics
- Identify problems and goals for referred residents, formulate a treatment plan, communicate the plan and necessary instruction to staff
- Modifies and revises treatment plans as required
- Complete and maintains progress notes
- Consult and communicate with the Physio Therapy Assistant/Occupational Therapy Nursing and Medical Personnel, and outside resources to meet residents' needs
- Equipment recommendation and ordering
- Maintenance of confidentiality concerning resident, employee and organizational data and information
What you'll need
- Graduate of a Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA) approved Physiotherapy program
- Licensed to practice by the Nova Scotia College of Physiotherapists
- Registered or eligible for membership, in the Canadian Physiotherapy Association (CPA)
Minimum three years experience working in a long-term care setting
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Hammonds Plains, NS B4B 1N5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Physiotherapist (preferred)
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
GEM Health Care Group
GEM Health Care Group is a Nova Scotian, family run business which has been enhancing the lives of seniors in the communities where they operate since 1979.
We continue to remain a leader in transforming how health care is delivered to seniors in Nova Scotia and we strive to provide the best care, service, and quality of life for our residents in a safe, dignified, home-like environment.
GEM currently operates various levels of seniors' care facilities throughout Nova Scotia, Ontario, and in Hollywood, Florida.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 22.5 per week
Salary: From $31.20 per hour
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift