Closing Date: April 3, 2023 at 4:30 PM
Development & Donor Relations
The Philanthropy Programs Office is a dynamic team within the Development and Donor Relations Department at UNB that offers a collaborative and creative work environment. We continuously strive to find innovative ways to engage UNB alumni and donors with the goal of increasing philanthropic support to further UNB's mission. We engage alumni and donors by developing a broad range of programs and activities to cultivate, solicit and steward donors in a meaningful and personalized manner.
WHAT WE OFFER
Full-Time | 3-Year Term | Fredericton | Hybrid
Standard Work Hours:
Mon - Fri | 8:15 am - 4:30 pm | 36.25 hours per week
Additional Working Conditions & Notes:
- Ability to occasionally work non-traditional hours.
- Ability to travel within New Brunswick.
UNB is committed to ensuring employees can maintain a healthy work-life balance. As such, we're proud to support a hybrid work approach, which includes flexible hours and work-from-home options.
Reporting to the Philanthropy Programs Manager, the Philanthropy Programs Coordinator will be responsible for several activities that promote the importance of philanthropic support at UNB. In addition to those stewardship & engagement activities, this role will coordinate fundraising programs to increase annual donations to UNB.
- Develop and implement robust Giving Tuesday initiatives at UNB.
- Develop and implement bi-campus UNB Gives Back initiatives to raise community awareness about UNB's philanthropic impact on the community.
- Develop social media and website content showcasing philanthropic programs at UNB, in coordination with the Marketing & Communications Manager.
- Develop and implement a Faculty & Staff Annual Giving Program at UNB, this includes launching engagement, solicitation, and stewardship campaigns on both campuses.
- Coordinate digital affinity-based fundraising campaigns for both campuses. Examples include, but are not limited to: Athletics, reunion class gifts, faculty-based campaigns.
- Collaborate closely with the Annual Giving Officer and Student Fundraiser staff to implement tactics and achieve fundraising targets.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in committee work, as required.
- Serve as a UNB ambassador at events and in various initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Associated Alumni to incorporate philanthropic messaging and follow up in alumni engagement initiatives (such as Homecoming and Oktoberfest).
WHAT YOU BRING
A University Degree in a related field OR equivalent experience working in client/business development, non-profit sector, sales, marketing, or a related field.
1-3 years' experience working in client/business development, non-profit sector, sales, marketing, or a related field.
- Experience with social media platforms and website design would be an asset.
- Experience in digital marketing, marketing analytics, or email marketing.
- Knowledge of UNB and its advancement mandate is a definite asset.
- Team player with the ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent computer skills, including a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with fundraising software is a definite asset.
A little bit about us
University of New Brunswick
The University of New Brunswick employs more than 3,200 full- and part-time staff, including faculty, support staff and students. UNB values people and we have proudly been named as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 and one of Atlantic Canada's Top Employers for 2023.
UNB is situated on the unceded territory of the Wolastoqiyik and Mi'kmaq peoples along the banks of the beautiful and bountiful Wolastoq river, a region recognized worldwide for its natural beauty. UNB is a comprehensive university with a long history of excellence in teaching and research.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
WHO WE ARE
Why Choose UNB?
UNB offers a large variety of benefits for employees, including a full pension, a minimum of three weeks of vacation annually, the Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP), and dental, life, and health insurance.
Administrative, Professional & Technical Group
This position is part of the non-union Administrative, Professional and Technical (APT) group.
COMMITMENT TO EQUITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The University of New Brunswick is committed to employment equity and fostering diversity within our community and developing an inclusive workplace that reflects the richness of the broader community that we serve. The University welcomes and encourages applications from all qualified individuals who will help us achieve our goals, including women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.