PQA has been going strong since 1997! We take pride in our commitment to the communities across Canada in which we are located because we know there is more to life than work. Our team members enjoy opportunities for continuous learning and they work with leading edge companies, technologies and tools. As one of Canada's largest and most established independent software testing companies, we insist on working with 'quality' people who share our passion for doing the job right!
We are growing in Halifax, NS and we are currently looking for an experienced Performance Test Specialist to help us do that!
What you'll do
- Designing, developing and conducting non-trivial performance tests with JMeter/FloodIO/Blazemeter. Experience with Performance Center, LoadRunner, Gatling, NeoLoad also considered an asset.
- Participating in the testing and optimization of software performance working as a consultant to support teams consisting of IT architects, infrastructure system admins, development and service center staff to ensure that IT systems deliver a reliable and highly available applications
- Proactively resolving complex technical issues and demonstrating innovative thinking by regularly making recommendations for new approaches to technical work and broader issues resolution through continual quality assurance and produce system environment monitoring, troubleshooting, tuning and capacity planning
- Writing technical reports summarizing performance testing efforts, results and recommendations.
- Travel may be required for this position.
What you'll need
- You are passionate about software performance
- You possess a Post-Secondary degree and 10 years' experience in IT
- Demonstrated experience designing, creating and conducting non-trivial performance tests with JMeter/FloodIO/Blazemeter.
- You are flexible and self-motivated, as you will be balancing various priorities and have full responsibility for ensuring delivery of services from kickoff to completion
- You are always interested in learning new tools, technologies and processes to keep up with our clients' continuously evolving needs.
- Experience with run-time analysis and code optimization considered an asset.
- Highly effective communicator in both oral and written forms, e.g. can lead discussions, in person, over the phone, or digitally, with clients and clearly convey your message with an appropriate tone with the ability to design and write effective technical documents
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform detailed analysis and interpretation of results to help identify and isolate performance related issues
We're looking for
A little bit about us
Professional Quality Assurance Ltd
Who We Are
Professional Quality Assurance (PQA) is one of Canada's premiere nearshore business technology outsourcing providers. Since 1997, we have been helping organizations all over the world reach their quality objectives by delivering scalable, proven, quality-centric managed services. Companies such as Apple, Filogix, CGI, SkillSoft, Computer Associates, lynda.com, National Bank of Canada, Boeing, Nortel and many others have gained considerable advantage from our Quality Assurance (QA), Testing and eLearning expertise and experience.
We deliver outsourced managed services to our clients with the goal of helping them increase profitability, boost customer satisfaction, manage development cycles and implement quality-centric solutions. We develop innovative approaches and solutions, designed to generate increased efficiencies, competitive advantage and market share for our clients.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
At PQA Testing, we encourage our employees' personal career growth. We have plans in place to make sure that each employee is connected with a mentor to help guide them through their professional development, offer bi-monthly lunch & learns and give our employees chances to attend industry conferences.
Our employee's health and wellness is #1 here at PQA Testing. We offer health incentives for our full-time employees to help them reach their goals of a healthy lifestyle. PQA Testing is always organizing events that involve exercise and our annual Family Day BBQ is one event that definitely brings all of us closer.