Assumption Life is looking for a qualified People and Capacity Manager who will report
directly to the Vice President of IT, to join its IT department.
This person is responsible to proactively secure and assign internal and external talent to IT
team/work roles. He/She ensures the quality and performance management of external
and internal talent and ensures development of key role competencies and individual
What you'll do
- Planning resources towards project delivery in coordination with other IT leaders
- Develop job descriptions and recruit new employees with a focus on diversity and excellence
- Develops job descriptions and recruits new employees with a focus on diversity and excellence.
- Meet technology requirements by ensuring accessibility to skills from a balanced internal and external IT pool.
- Planning of human resource requirements and technical capabilities, including service improvement
- Maintain list of external contractors and manage their terms
- External and internal sourcing of talent for delivery or other IT assignments
- Develop and Maintain a resource allocation and assignment matrix
- Establish goals for process management team employees, Develop their skills and manage their performance.
- Provide ongoing support and coaching to employees to mobilize the team and optimize service delivery.
What you'll need
- Bachelor's degree in administration or related field
- 10 years experience in a management positionIT exposure but not in depth
- Exposure to the IT industry (not in depth)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Humanistic approach
We're looking for
A little bit about us
At Assumption Life, we value the development of our employees in diversified and inclusive work teams that foster creative thinking and innovation.
Assumption Life is deeply committed to its community's development
Founded in 1903 in Massachusetts, Assumption Life is the result of a group of people who want to take their destiny into their own hands. Their goal was simple: to ensure the prosperity of Acadian families in New England. Since its inception, Assumption Life has continued to making difference beyond the borders of l'Acadie for all families across Canada. Our Company, which began as a great idea 116 years ago, is now one of the largest mutual life insurance and financial services companies in Canada. Today, this culture of generosity and commitment is demonstrated by our employees. Whether it is helping out at special events, raising funds for charities or, helping people in need, Assumption Life employees are very committed to their community and are always ready to help.
An employer of choice
We ensure competitive salaries, as well as performance-based bonuses, generous benefits and flexibility in our policies and practices to respond to the needs of our employees.
Assumption Life is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We extend employment regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national or ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics, disability, gender identity or gender expression, status of a pardoned person, social condition or political activity. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation for an interview, please let us know by emailing [email protected]
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and high-performing team that adheres to the following values: leadership, collaboration, trust and commitment.
- Training and development opportunities.
- A comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary, bonus, pension and benefits.
- A dynamic location in downtown Moncton.
- One paid day of volunteer work.
- A gym located in the building.