As a Payroll Specialist at FMI, the incumbent will be responsible for assisting with multiple financial activities relating to company bi-weekly payroll functions. This includes timely and accurate reporting of payroll data; ensuring the accuracy of preliminary payroll reports, time sheets and spreadsheets; and assuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations and company policies.
What you'll do
- Assist in the preparation and administration of payroll for all company employees, while auditing payroll processing reports for accuracy
- Ensure that all salaries are paid accurately and in a timely fashion to all company employees
- Reconcile journal entries with automated payroll remittances
- Timely submission of period end numbers
- Prepares forms such as records of employment and income tax forms
- Accept and process pre-authorized staff expense forms, and distribute reimbursement checks as necessary
- Issue ad hoc, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Handle inquiries arising from their respective payroll(s)
- Implement salary increases, bonuses, commissions, and so on in accordance with instructions given
- Maintain detailed records and documentation of payroll functions for audit purposes, in accordance with statutory requirements
- If necessary, monitor holiday and attendance records for business units
- Collaborate with the HR department and other departments to ensure pay and personnel records are accurate and up to date.
What you'll need
- Completion of one or two-year college diploma or other related program of study
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or equivalent considered an asset
Bilingualism considered an asset
- Ability to maintain and preserve strict confidentiality
- Strong knowledge and capabilities in Excel
- Detail-oriented and have strong organizational skills
- Ability to provide professional customer service
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
We're looking for
Look for yourself
A little bit about us
Franchise Management Inc.
At FMI, we are "aspiring to feed North America while offering an exceptional guest experience from inspired employees!"
Franchise Management Inc. is one of the largest restaurant franchisees in North America. We currently own and operate more than 300 Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, Burger King, and Panera Bread locations across 20 different provinces and states. With presence in Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, New Brunswick, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Louisiana, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa and Nebraska, FMI is proud to employ over 6,500 people. All operations are administered from our Support Center in Woodstock, New Brunswick.
In the early 90s, the company (later named FMI) was formed as a management company to administer a small number of local businesses. Over time, that focus has evolved to growing and supporting a portfolio of successful businesses, relevant within their respective trade areas across North America.
Are you interested?
Work With Us
- You'll surround yourself with a team whose members are committed to being the best at what they do.
- You'll have a flexible work environment.
- You can enroll in our comprehensive benefits package and RRSP contribution plan.
- You'll enjoy quarterly meals cooked by our Leadership Team, as well as monthly events for all staff!
- Career growth, development and continuous learning opportunities within a positive and inclusive work culture.
- Opportunity to be involved in FMI events that give back to our community.