At Events East Group, we proudly manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Scotiabank Centre Box Office. Our people and our community make us the favoured event destination for our guests. Whether we're attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
Events East Group is now inviting applicants for the position of Payroll Coordinator with our Human Resources team.
Reporting to the Payroll and Benefits Analyst, the Payroll Coordinator is primarily responsible for performing administrative payroll and benefit duties such as preparing payroll data, with a focus on hourly staff payroll, benefits, and related documentation. The role requires a high degree of discretion, confidentiality, and attention to detail. The Payroll Coordinator is responsible for data entry and meeting tight deadlines, is dependable and understands how critical it is to be accurate, to ensure people are paid correctly and on time.
THE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Complete full cycle payroll process using Great Plains, SAP (financial management system), and Synerion on a bi-weekly basis
- Issue Records of Employment (ROEs) for all employees of Events East Group
- Perform payroll account balancing and provincial billings reconciliations using Great Plains and Microsoft Excel
- Review and input new employee documentation for completeness; gathering missing information if needed
- Update and add employee information using Great Plains
- Review benefit documentation to ensure completeness and accuracy for the Payroll and Benefits Analyst to input
- Prepare various reports for the business relating to business operations as needed
- Provide assistance and relief for Payroll & Benefits Analyst
- Perform other duties as assigned
THE PERKS AND BENEFITS:
- Salaried Role
- 3 weeks of vacation starting
- 13 paid holidays or Time in Lieu for working on the holiday
- Sick and personal days
- Paid bereavement leave
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) available through Telus Health
- Free counselling services
- Resources available for personal life needs
- Medical & Dental benefits through Medavie BlueCross as soon as you start!
- Short Term Illness (STI) and Long-Term Disability (LTD)
- Participation in the Province of Nova Scotia Pension Plan (Public Service Superannuation Plan)
- Discounted transit bus pass through SmartTrip
- Discounted gym membership at Goodlife Fitness
THE PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Diploma from a recognized educational institution with a financial concentration or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years' experience in payroll.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to input data with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Working towards or having achieved the Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) designation is an asset.
This position may require the succesful completion of background and credit checks as a condition of hire.
Events East is committed to a workforce that is free of discrimination, values diversity and is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We encourage applications from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities, Indigenous persons, and persons from the 2SLGBTQIA+ community. We encourage applicants to self-identify.
During the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request an accommodation. Any applicant invited to participate in testing or an interview and who requires an accommodation should discuss their needs, in confidence, with the Recruiter when selected.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For further information, please visit our website at www.eventseast.com
A little bit about us
We manage and operate the Halifax Convention Centre, Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic. Created as part of a government partnership between the Province of Nova Scotia and Halifax Regional Municipality, we work in collaboration with them to manage our business in a responsible and transparent manner.
We were established in 2014 through legislation to operate, maintain and manage the activities of the Halifax Convention Centre in a manner that will promote and develop economic development, tourism and industry in the Province generally, and the Municipality.
Effective April 1, 2017, our mandate expanded to include the continued management and operations of Scotiabank Centre and Ticket Atlantic, formerly under Trade Centre Limited (TCL).
Our facilities and the events we attract are platforms for prosperity. Whether we’re attracting large delegations or hosting an elite group of athletes for an international competition, we are a catalyst for new opportunities and connections between Nova Scotia and the world.
MISSION: WE CONNECT THE WORLD TO NOVA SCOTIA BY CREATING MEMORABLE EVENT EXPERIENCES.
VISION: OUR PEOPLE AND OUR COMMUNITY MAKE US THE FAVOURED EVENT DESTINATION FOR OUR GUESTS.